Faster alternative to MovieDB?
Does anybody know of a faster alternative to themoviedb.com? As much as I like the site, for some reason it's incredibly slow for me. Looking up and downloading the fan art for a single movie can take around 2 minutes just because it takes ages to load at every step.Eek
There's no alternative afaik.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
there is a solution, why dont you donate a few bux towards travisbelle since he is struggling keeping this thing alive as a one person show with a lot of traffic since xbmc got popular Wink
themoviedb is pretty much the only site with the amount of information and availability via a quick and easy to use api that's out there.

He's got information on how to donate on the site.
Try our new Scraper, very speed and there are thousands Fanarts in our database.
More information http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post418203
Xbox Debug Kit + 2 Xbox Crystal / 2 ATV with Crystal HD => Many thanks to Davilla
As a note, if anyone is disappointed with the speed of a scraper, donating is generally the solution. Bandwidth costs money, and sites that XBMC use end up needing a LOT of bandwidth. Alternative sites will pop up, but they'll face the same issues in a short amount of time if they become popular. They also spread community support out, which means the best content is often spread across multiple sites. Instead of constantly switching sources, just pick the one that suits your needs best and then support it.

EDIT: Don't click my link below based on this... if you read this and want to donate, give it to MovieDB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Faster alternative to MovieDB?0