DLNA Media Renderer Issues (TwonkyBeam/Win 7 Play to device)
I am sorry, I don't think I have an error log. The stream I am trying to transmit is listed on the twonky toolbar. I don't know how to tell if the stream is supported. I don't get any errors that show up anywhere, just that nothing happens. Sorry I don't have any more information. This probably means I can't get much help. Is there somewhere I can get a step by step for setting up the twonky beam?
well, you are completely wrong. xbmc always writes a log. read the what-to-read-before-posting, elupus' signature (or mine), search, wiki, forum faq,+++
beardless Wrote:I am sorry, I don't think I have an error log. The stream I am trying to transmit is listed on the twonky toolbar. I don't know how to tell if the stream is supported. I don't get any errors that show up anywhere, just that nothing happens. Sorry I don't have any more information. This probably means I can't get much help. Is there somewhere I can get a step by step for setting up the twonky beam?

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. In general, if you can see if in the Beam window, you should be able to play it, as long as it's a supported format that your player can play.

You can find a list of supported formats and step-by-step instructions for using Beam here: http://www.twonkymedia.com/beam/Help.html

Let us know which link or links you're having problems with, so we can try to replicate this issue. Thanks.

- Rick
beardless Wrote:I am so close but the last hurdle is escaping me. I have gotten twonkybeam to recognize the xbmc. I have even gotten as far as having xbmc wake up out of sleep mode when I click "play" on the twonkybeam toolbar. But I don't know how to get the stream to show up on the xbmc screen. What am I missing? Is there a setting on the xbmc I need to activate or something?

Are you sure you are using the nightly svn build available here? http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/

If so, I would try another site or stream as suggested. Also, the debug log can be enabled in the settings.

Please report back with your findings.
karatekickz Wrote:....Unfortunately, The TwonkyMedia Manager software http://www.twonkymedia.com/manager_download.html is still unable to output to XBMC. Nulled play buttons as TwonkyBeam had before the fix. I would have thought this fixed both but perhaps they do different "hand shaking" / transmission of protocol/MIME type information.

Our Q/A group did some testing and found that TwonkyMedia manager 1.2 (and later) can push MP3s and MPEGs to XBMC. Apparently the reason why only these two files types are supported is because the XBMC renderer mimetype says mpeg and *.* are supported, but TMM does not support the *.* type. Would it be possible for you to enumerate the formats you support?

- Rick
That has already be fixed... As mentioned earlier in this thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=410808&postcount=5

You are probably testing with an older xbmc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

elupus Wrote:That has already be fixed... As mentioned earlier in this thread

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=410808&postcount=5

You are probably testing with an older xbmc.

Rick have your team get the nightly builds here http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/

Even though it seems Rick's team is not testing with the nightly build elupus, I had the same issue with TwonkyMedia Manager after you changed the mimetypes. It's noted on one of my earlier posts. I will install the newest SVN and the newest TM Manager software and test again since I have not tried for a month or so.

karatekickz Wrote:Unfortunately, The TwonkyMedia Manager software http://www.twonkymedia.com/manager_download.html is still unable to output to XBMC. Nulled play buttons as TwonkyBeam had before the fix. I would have thought this fixed both but perhaps they do different "hand shaking" / transmission of protocol/MIME type information.

I can provide you with a log if needed: one with a working connection with TwonkyBeam followed by one with a failed connection to Twonky Media Manager.
I wanted to bump this as to my knowledge (via testing) SVN XBMC is still not working with the Twonky Media Manager software (TwonkyBeam is working great.) Please see my above posts and message if you need any logs from me etc.

It is my understanding that the TwonkyServer software is what is used in testing for official DLNA compliance. So imo it would be beneficial to get this working.

Rick, I understand a new version of the Twonky Media Manager software is about to be released. Could you please post on this thread a download link?

Also, TwonkyBeam is such a great concept but why limit it to just the browser? Any plans to add a menu item into the OS (ie SendTo DLNA TV etc) similar to Win 7? Also any plans for a Beam like software for Android or iphone?

Thanks again everyone for the great work.
1. I just did a quick sanity test of XBMC running on Apple TV and I was able to successfully push music, photos and a HD video to the XBMC icon in TMM v1.2. Are others not seeing this behavior? I want to make sure this is working for everyone.

2. There IS a new beta build of TMM available. You can download it here: http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7164

3. We agree that TwonkyBeam is to good of an idea to limit to a browser as well. We are working on apps as we speak for both Android and iPhone. They should both be out in Q1 next year. Great progress is also occuring with TwonkyBeam on Firefox. If you'll be at CES, you can come by and see it working.

- Rick
One issue, I would like to bring up occurs on every DLNA-renderer today. When you push a photo slideshow from a digital media controller like TwonkyMedia manager the screen goes to black in-between each slide. This results in a bad user experience because the user expects the previous photo to stay on the screen until the new photo is displayed. The solution to this issue is very simple, add a continous slideshow preference that would change the behavior as described below. It would great if XBMC was the first DMR to adopt this behavior.

The way most DMRs handle photo slideshows today
1. The Control Point (CP) sets current picture URL and metadata (DMRs current state is STOPPED)
2. The CP sends PLAY command (DMRs state goes to PLAYING)
3. We would normally set the URL and metadata for the next picture in the slideshow, but according to DLNA we are only allowed to set the URL if the Digital Media Renderer (DMR) is in a STOPPED state.
4. The CP sends STOP (DMRs state goes to STOPPED and typically either displays a black screen or goes back to the menu)
5. The CP now can set next picture URL, …

Our proposed solution to the problem described in step #4 above
1. Add an option so a user can select between "DLNA-compliant slideshows" and "Continuous Image slideshows"
2. The DMRs current state is STOPPED
3. The CP sets picture URL and metadata including a Picture-Presentation-Duration
4. The CP sends PLAY (DMRs state goes to PLAYING)
5. The DMR renders image for the given Duration
6. The CP calls "setNextAVTransportURI" to configure DMR for next Image
7. The DMR automatically does transition to the configured next image when Duration is complete
8. Steps 6–7 are repeated until the slide show is finished
Quote:1. I just did a quick sanity test of XBMC running on Apple TV and I was able to successfully push music, photos and a HD video to the XBMC icon in TMM v1.2. Are others not seeing this behavior? I want to make sure this is working for everyone.

I was unable to send media via TMM 1.2 to the SVN revision of XBMC that worked with fine with TwonkyBeam (see above for description). I have not tried the latest final public release nor the newest SVN build. However, I am not certain elupus made any other changes since the original MIME type TwonkyBeam fix.

I agree it would be amazing to see XBMC on the bleeding edge of DLNA features. Hopefully the changes you noted with the slideshow can be implemented.

Also, Rick I sent you my email via pm on your Twonky forum.

Thanks,

Karatekickz
SetNextAvTransportURI is something I've been meaning to support. It should really just add it as next image to display, or next video playback item in the playlist. That way the CP can just monitor current URI, and when that switches to next URI queue the next item.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

XBMC SVN build is still not working with TwonkyMedia Manager. I tried the stable 1.2 version and the latest 1.3 beta available here http://www.twonkymedia.com/downloads/bet...andard.exe

TwonkyBeam is still working perfectly. As I noted in an earlier post, TMM exhibits the same type of behavior as TwonkyBeam did before it was fixed. The XBMC icon is visible but the play buttons are nulled. I tried images,mp3, and videos .. same result.

TMM_Product_Man,

A couple notes and questions.

TwonkyBeam seems to be sending the lowest quality youtube stream. In fact, it seems to be sending a lower quality than youtube plays itself. In a test with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCmqtyAh8IM Even the non hd in youtube looks better than the version streamed to either player XBMC or TMPlayer. I am using the flash 10.1 beta player.

When the TwonkyBeam sends the video to TMPlayer it also sends the title of the video for display, when it sends it to XBMC it displays it as playing 4.mp4 etc. Would it be possible to fix this?

Lastly, I liked seeing the XBMC icons built into the new TMM beta. To nitpick, perhaps the icon could be a bit larger? Also it lists the player as XBox Media Center. This should be changed to XBMC Media Center or at min to Xbox Media Center.

Please email,pm or hit me up on this thread for more info or help.

Thanks.
karatekickz

Thank you for all your feedback.

1. I’m not sure why the YouTube video we're sending is low quality. We request format (“fmt”Wink 18 from YouTube, which should be a high-res version if one is available. The quality of YouTube video that we're seeing on our Samsung TV via Apple TV/XBMC is very good -- when the YouTube video is labelled high-quality. I wonder why we're seeing different things.

2. Beam should be sending the title it receives from YouTube to all renderers (it does that by setting the “dc:title” attribute in the metadata when the item is sent to the renderer) – I don’t know why XBMC is not picking it up. If you can help us determine what the issue is, we'll be happy to fix it.

3. I've submitted a ticket for the icon changes you requesed above (MM-3318). They should be done before TMM 1.3 ships.

- Rick
elupus Wrote:SetNextAvTransportURI is something I've been meaning to support. It should really just add it as next image to display, or next video playback item in the playlist. That way the CP can just monitor current URI, and when that switches to next URI queue the next item.

This would really improve the user experience. Do you have any idea when this can be done?

- Rick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DLNA Media Renderer Issues (TwonkyBeam/Win 7 Play to device)0