How to set automatic startup of XBMC with the start of PC
Hello,

Could you please explain me how to set automatic startup of XBMC with the start of PC on windows Vista

Thanks in advance
WOW!?

Never used windows?
Create a shortcut and put in in the Startup folder.
A little (word, excel, IE.. Wink )... where can I find the "startup folder" ?
With this operation, XBMC is it minimize (like an antivirus), or in the task menu (like a doc word opened)
Laloub Wrote:A little (word, excel, IE.. Wink )... where can I find the "startup folder" ?
With this operation, XBMC is it minimize (like an antivirus), or in the task menu (like a doc word opened)

1) Go to C:\windows\program files\xbmc and find xbmc.exe
2) RIGHT click on the the xbmc.exe file keeping the RIGHT mouse button pressed... drag it to the desktop. A menu will pop up.... choose 'create shortcut here'
3) LEFT click the shortcut file you've just created on your desktop and keeping the LEFT button pressed.... drag it to your start menu. Wait for the startmenu to pop up. Keep dragging the file slowly until it's hovering over 'All Programs'...the start menu should expand again.... keep dragging the file until it's hovering over the 'Startup' folder, and the startup folder expands.... then drop the file there.... DONE
4) just to double check... click the start menu button again, click All programs, and startup.... and make sure the file has been moved there. If it has, you've done it!

Easy huh?

If you change your mind... you can just delete that file you dragged and dropped and remove it from the startup menu. It won't damage XBMC, it's just a 'shortcut' to it
User Startup folder:
"%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

All users Startup folder:
"%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

Find your xbmc.exe, copy (CTRL+C), go to one of the above folders, right click and choose "Paste shortcut"... You could right click on the shorcut, choose Properties, from the Run drop-down choose Maximized, OK. Logoff and log back in to test it.

If you only have the one user, Windows will autologon and run the startup entries. Otherwise, you can use Sysinternals Autologon to set a user/password and Windows will auto-logon with that user starting XBMC with your PC, done.

-----------------

Actually, even better is to go into Start Menu > Programs > XBMC, right click the XBMC shortcut, select copy and then go to one of the folders I mentioned and paste it in there. The XBMC shortcut contains a -fs startu parameter to make the application go full screen, which the Maximized property I mentioned earlier wouldn't do. The rest of the stuff with the auto-logon etc still applies. Good luck.
if you have remote control - i think you need EG (EventGhost)

this program is perfect for working with xbmc - and it can run xbmc automatically at system startup

(sorry for my english)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set automatic startup of XBMC with the start of PC0