[REQUEST] Addon with EPG for Virtual TV Channels of Local Videos for Channel Surfing
Hopefully this isn't a rethread; I looked back a bit and didn't see anything similar. I apologize if it has been brought up before.

I realized I have so many shows torrented that I could make a TV station basically, so that's kind of what I want to do!

My question: is there a plugin or such out there that will play a random file from a specific folder in succession? Or even sequential files would work; just something that will play an episode or two from here, an episode or two from another, and so on. (In fact, playing sequentially would be awesome, so things like True Blood would make sense).

Example:

-Family Guy x2
-King of the Hill x2
-Rocko
-Sheep in the Big City
-Boosh x2
etc

I know I can manually add them in one by one, but I'd rather a smart playlist of sorts to generate it.

I'll even be happy with direction and tips to code my own; I'm brand-spankin-new to XBMC (this makes day five using it), so assume I'm a n00b at this.

Thanks in advanced!
Bump
Big Grin 
mmhhh ok so i am not the first one with this idea ^^
since i am not watching "normal" tv anymore and only watch movies shows via xbmc
a script like that is what i am missing!

its not that i started coding already but my editor is open and i am trying to write my first script at the moment

i know some scripting(sh,py,php ... bat), a little skining and a lot about the database from xbmc i just never made any scripts / plugins for it.

i'll try code something presentable as soon as possible

ps and to the original suggestions i want some commercial support and i mean ad breaks ... like on tv but with only funny commercials or "the best tv-spots of all time" ( but not forced ! you can switch it off/on if you want)

pps costum channels ! that is a must

ppps maybe not an epg for the start :S
lad1337 Wrote:mmhhh ok so i am not the first one with this idea ^^
since i am not watching "normal" tv anymore and only watch movies shows via xbmc
a script like that is what i am missing!

its not that i started coding already but my editor is open and i am trying to write my first script at the moment

i know some scripting(sh,py,php ... bat), a little skining and a lot about the database from xbmc i just never made any scripts / plugins for it.

i'll try code something presentable as soon as possible

ps and to the original suggestions i want some commercial support and i mean ad breaks ... like on tv but with only funny commercials or "the best tv-spots of all time" ( but not forced ! you can switch it off/on if you want)

pps costum channels ! that is a must

ppps maybe not an epg for the start :S

You can probably simplify this greatly by using vlc's streamer with scheduling, and then just capture the http stream with xbmc's default player. That would get the basic "theme" of the plugin done, and then all you'd need is to skin up a nice EPG and some way to pass custom EPG data to it.

Take a look at what this guy was trying to do: http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=49769
Quote:Take a look at what this guy was trying to do: http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=49769

interesting ... i didn't not know that you could expand vlc to something like that...
is true that this is most of the background part the script would need but i would recomend relying on a vlc, the script shoulndt relay on any external program
hey all - I came up with this using playlists....here's a How-To:

http://htpcguide.info/index.php?option=c...&Itemid=62

Still works great!
Great idear using the playlists like this, I'll try to see if I can do the same with the Night skin.
anyone ever create a script for this other than playlists?

Seems such a great idea for people with a lot of tv shows and movies. Would be so cool to have a tv guide generated with all your content.
I've created something very similar to this (multiple user-defined channels, EPG) that I intend in releasing very soon.
cool, looking forward to it.
this is a really neat idea!
looking forward to it, sounds great
psike Wrote:Who wants to see a movie in the middle anyway...

Here another idea:
How about instead of channels by their network you could let the user to make his own custom channels. Everyone got their own idea for their dream channel.

I like the dream channel idea. perhaps based on given criteria like genre
etc. Ones own scifi channel, action, westerns, children network etc..

I always wanted something that could feed on something like the jinni
genome project instead of genres myself, things could be based on
settings, the mood etc..
I plan on releasing an alpha version of my script later this week. The initial version will only have support for user generated channels via smart playlists. The problem is that I need to find some method of automatic channel generation that will give good results for any type of video library. I'm afraid that if I generate based on studio, for example, a person may only have a single show from that studio...which would make for a crappy channel. Even genre may be sketchy, although probably less so.

I've never heard of the jinni genome project, though. I'll check it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Addon with EPG for Virtual TV Channels of Local Videos for Channel Surfing1