Pause keymap on music
what's the deal with assigning SPACE to pause for movies/tv shows, but assigning the same key in music to jump to the now playing list?

there seems to be no way for a user to just pause a track with a remote without a menu or osd applied or reconfiguring keymaps?
cheers,azido :;):
Most remotes have a pause or play button on them?

Better default keymaps are always welcome if you have better suggestions.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Most remotes have a pause or play button on them?

Better default keymaps are always welcome if you have better suggestions.

..which are assigned to keys in my case (mce x10-remote). play_pause in example does not work for a playing track like it does for videos - it goes back to start of song.

i just wondered why there is a different assignment for video than for audio handling.

in my opinion certain keys should always react the same in all views (play, pause, stop, ff, rwd) by default and only have different assignments if a user modifies them.

btw: still not an answer why SPACE is assigned to pause for video and NOW PLAYING list for music by default Wink what's the reason? is there one at all? it's just that talking to a mac user without a remote, he asked me how to pause a song. so for a user that has NO remote, there is no way to pause a track without an osd or a gui button.

edit: i take your 2nd sentence as a hint. might pass you a suggested one the next days. lets see if i can use my remote by just interpreting it's commands send without modification first. maybe i can use default actions without sending keystrokes.
cheers,azido :;):

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pause keymap on music0