xbox1 hd gone - have to reinstall all - please help!
Question 
Hello,

on my xbox1 xbmc recently stopped while playing back video, returning to the Menue.

So after lots of recherches I checked the internal HD, and it had Smart Errors. Unfortunatelly while trying to do a backup it crashed totally, it is not useable anymore - makes a loud "klick klick"..

I have to reinstall a brandnew HD, but have no idea where I get the SW for and how to install it. I know how to install XBMC, but how do I install the alternative dashboard?

Please help me! Thanks Smile
http://www.xbox-scene.com/
If your softmodded then unless your confident enought to wire up a com port, solder it to the relevent points on the mainboard and read the EEPROM through a terminal program OR you backed up your EEPROM - then its game over - the Xbox is a door wedge.

Hard mod chip your fine and Xbox Scene will be your best friend Smile
Yes, I do have a Modchip in the Box. I bought it 5 yrs or so ago, with the HD already preconfigured.

Damn, the HD just crashed in the moment when I wanted to clone it.

I really have no clue where to begin now, I am quite familiar with PC stuff etc., is this the way to go?

> http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/hdd-install2.php
all the tutorials are speaking about HD REPLACEMENTS, but my old one is gone, I have no backup of the data.

So these steps cannot be done:
Quote:1. In the evolution X dashboard, go to system utils > Backup. this will back up important info into the C:Backup folder on your xbox (make sure that it does backup, some earlier versions of evolution x dashboard didn’t backup the files right, evolution x dashboard v 1.8.3285 works beautifully, there should be five files in there)

2. Backup both your C and E drives of the xbox harddrive (you’ll want this to copy back onto the new harddrive and to have just in case)

Should I try the rest, just skipping this?

Especially I am without these files:

Quote:backup\bios.bin
backup\disk.bin
backup\eeprom.bin
backup\hddinfo.txt
backup\hddkey.bin

Can anyone please provide me these files?

Thanks Smile
I'm not familiar with hard modding - I only have one hardmodded Xbox and I've hardly touched it in years.... The EEPROM is individual to your xbox alone so you cant use anyone elses... but other than that I can only think you need the dashboard files which are about 170mb and can be taken from any Xbox pretty much....

Your best bet is speak to Bomb Bloke - pretty much Guru status on Xbox Hardware.....
You don't need the files you specifically listed. The guide author is in error.

It's a good idea to back up the EEPROM anyway (it's required for drive locking, among other things), but luckily your modchip means the system will accept an unlocked drive (probably). Consider it when you get things up and running again.

The "easy" install guide is to throw in your new HDD, grab a copy of Auto Installer Deluxe (google "aidtracker"), and boot the console off that.

From there, it's fairly trivial to get the initial format done, select and install a dashboard, then also get any emulators or whatever other common apps you want setup.

That's pretty much all there is to it, unless your new drive is over certain capacity thresholds, in which case there are a few other steps.

I've found that clicking drives can sometimes be put back into service (albeit temporarily) by banging them against hard surfaces while they're attempting to spin up. This is very, very bad for them: but if it works even once, you might be able to get the data they hold.

You'll also hear on occasion that freezing a drive might work. Somewhat harder, because you can't let the drive actually freeze: The condensation will kill it when it starts to thaw out. You need to have it in a sealed bag to prevent any moisture getting access.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
Good start is probably a new harddrive (obviously) and Slayer's Install CD (can probably be found via Torrent). It will do the whole install & partition process for you. After that you can install an up2date version of XBMC....
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
Thanks for your help friends!

I downloaded the Audio Installer Deluxe 4.5 Torrent, burned and installed it.
Was very easy, like a Win7 setup Wink

The new HD with XBMC is up and running now.

Thanks again
How large is the new drive? As mentioned, there are a few precautions to take with larger models, even if it appears to be working - over 250gb, specifically.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbox1 hd gone - have to reinstall all - please help!0