XBMC to support multichannel AAC audio??
Try this: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=aac conversion tool
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
gnif Wrote:Try this: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=aac conversion tool

And here I thought the first link google would find would be Stoli's suggestion. DAMN!
nvaia Wrote:hahahahaha...WHAT?!?!?!
Always drink in moderation, kids.
redtapemedia Wrote:That's an ungrateful attitude. XBMC is a free program, created by volunteers in their own time. Stop acting like you're owed something.
nvaia Wrote:Surely I can't be the only person that is annoyed by the fact that you can't watch a blu-ray movie with aac audio on xbmc. I wouldn't have the time to learn how to code, that's what xbmc dev's are for. Just curious if there was a fix coming in the future.

That exchange and mindset will basically put you on every team member's shit list. Good luck with your future endeavors!
Let's not clutter this thread with anymore random comments about how you guys can't comprehend the difference between searching for AAC encoding tools and Stoli's suggested program preference when re-encoding, if he has one.

Thanks so much.
Fine, here you go, this is a utility that does channel re-ordering

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/sour...order_ch.h
althekiller Wrote:That exchange and mindset will basically put you on every team member's shit list. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Thanks! Good luck to you as well, my friend.
gnif Wrote:Fine, here you go, this is a utility that does channel re-ordering

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/sour...order_ch.h

Thank you for suggesting this, I'll look into it. Sorry about the comments. I can easily google encoding tools, but just wanted to know if he had one that he uses personally and knows to be quality.
nvaia Wrote:Let's not clutter this thread with anymore random comments about how you guys can't comprehend the difference between searching for AAC encoding tools and Stoli's suggested program preference when re-encoding, if he has one.

I'm sorry, are you a forum moderator?

If not, I'm pretty sure you don't get to tell people what to do.

The reason why people are not answering your questions is that you are asking them in the wrong way. The fault is not in them, it is in you. As an example, I know the answer to your question and will not be sharing it with you, because you're acting like a tool.

If you are as smart as you repeatedly claim to be, you might eventually grasp the counterproductive nature of insulting people whose expertise you covet. I won't be holding my breath.

=darwin
darwin Wrote:I'm sorry, are you a forum moderator?

If not, I'm pretty sure you don't get to tell people what to do.

The reason why people are not answering your questions is that you are asking them in the wrong way. The fault is not in them, it is in you. As an example, I know the answer to your question and will not be sharing it with you, because you're acting like a tool.

If you are as smart as you repeatedly claim to be, you might eventually grasp the counterproductive nature of insulting people whose expertise you covet. I won't be holding my breath.

=darwin

When have I claimed to be smart? The opinion of a forum on my education level has no impact on me, whatsoever. The only people whos opinion on my educational background matter, are my employers. But.....

This is entertaining, and I'm loving it. Stoli answered my question to begin with, and as soon as he suggested re-encoding the audio, I searched and found quite a few encoding tools that would do the job. I was simply asking STOLI if he had a suggested program that he knows to be reliable.

When people start insulting strangers because THEY can't read, well then that's not my problem.

Thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion, I do respect it and quite honestly, I'm not looking for you to help me, since I already received help from Stoli.
Erm, you insulted me first guy.
nvaia Wrote:I was never suggesting that this should be taken care of. I was simply asking if anyone knew about a fix. The fact that I have to deal with delusional members is just part of life.

Whether or not I'm on somebody's "shitlist" makes no difference to me. I was only suggesting redtapemedia learns to read before embarrassing himself.

Where did I insult YOU?

To be honest, you guys are freaking out about nothing and I'm over this. Had everyone taken the time to read the posts and understand them, it would be obvious that I wasn't asking how to re-encode.

Please feel free to close this thread as I already have my answers.

Enjoy the rest of your evening, guys.
Quote:Stoli answered my question to begin with, and as soon as he suggested re-encoding the audio, I searched and found quite a few encoding tools.... I'm not looking for you to help me, since I already received help from Stoli.

Well why waste his time and ask him for an answer to a question you already have an answer to. Its like I tell my 3yo... don't ask a question if you know the answer.

Quote:that's what xbmc dev's are for

That comment is an insult, and shows a lack of gratefulness for our hard work, don't expect people to be nice when you say things like that.
gnif Wrote:Well why waste his time and ask him for an answer to a question you already have an answer to. Its like I tell my 3yo... don't ask a question if you know the answer.

That comment is an insult, and shows a lack of gratefulness for our hard work, don't expect people to be nice when you say things like that.

Quote 1: Because maybe, just maybe, he might be able to recommend a great program to me. It's called banter.

Quote 2: I wasn't suggesting that it's the dev's responsibility to address MY SPECIFIC audio problem. It is their job to develop and implement new ideas and fixes, because they so CHOOSE to make it their job. I was simply saying that I do not have the free time in my life to learn how to address this problem myself and we already have people who do this out of love for xbmc. Is that not what a dev is for? Maybe I am mistaken?
enough. locked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC to support multichannel AAC audio??0