wiki. outdated userdata and keymap.xml info
hi

i have noticed that on wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_Submi...Bug_Report there is no info about where is userdata folder. is it $home/.xbmc or $home/.xbmc/userdata ?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml is also outdated. i have placed my remote.xml file in $home/.xbmc/keymaps and it wasn't read. i have changed the name to Keymap.xml. same result. when i moved the file to $home/.xbmc/userdata it was read properly.

generally speaking there are confusing infos about above files.
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze
Why should there be info on the userdata folder on that page??

Also, the second page clearly states to place it in userdata/keymaps/ ??

Please be more specific.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

you need to mind the info on top of that page. your version is probably pre move.... so it's not the wiki that is outdated Wink
jmarshall Wrote:Why should there be info on the userdata folder on that page??

Also, the second page clearly states to place it in userdata/keymaps/ ??

Please be more specific.

Thanks,
Jonathan

becouse the link provided in wiki points there
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Lin...bug_log.3F
userdata folder is $home/.xbmc or $home/.xbmc/userdata. you must admit it is confusing.

spiff i am using svn revision 23283
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze
I still don't understand.

The debug log page does not need to contain information on userdata, as the log is not located in the userdata folder.

If something else is pointing to this page in reference to the userdata folder then obviously that link needs changing.

Please be more specific.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:The debug log page does not need to contain information on userdata, as the log is not located in the userdata folder.
The wiki suggested info on the Userdata folder & debug logs were to be found in the same place.

I've changed it to
Quote:Where is the debug log?

See HOW-TO Submit a Proper Bug Report.
Where is the UserData folder?

$HOME/.xbmc/userdata

If that isn't correct across all Linux systems, or the capitalization is off, someone please fix.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
i see that in wiki there is a separate question

Where is the UserData folder?

$HOME/.xbmc/userdata

and that is what i meant.

unfortunatelly kemap.xml wiki is still confusing. we can read there:
"To alter the default keymapping simply add one or more xml-files in the Userdata/keymaps/ folder with the changes you wish to make."

what i can see there is no directory named keymaps in $home/.xbmc/userdata (since <- this is userdata directory) but there is something diferent $home/.xbmc/keymaps witch i have written before doesn't work.
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze
If the folder isn't there, create it. I've updated the wiki with this tep.

Thanks for helping us make things clearer!

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wiki. outdated userdata and keymap.xml info0