[REQUEST] Video Categories
Hey,

I really like this skin and i was wondering whether or not more video categories can be added? Like Adult Films, Documentaries, Other, Stand Up etc.

Its really annoying having all the films in one collection

(you go from ice age to fresh outta hiigh school 12 Smile ) ahahha
This is kind of what Genres are for. Just use 'Browse by Genre'.
yeah i know, it would just seems nicer to have a different category in the main menu, rather than going by genre.

is it possible?
+1
Thanks for such a great skin Scarfa, it works great on a xbox. If you could add the feature to be able to make your own menu categories, it would make my day! Big Grin
You can label any movie your own genre in the .nfo file. If you don't routinely export your movie db into 'single files', I highly recommend it. See System Settings/Video/Export Library.

Once you've exported your .nfo files, you can edit the <Genre> </Genre> tag, adding "Adult", "Documentary", ... You'll then have to refresh/reload those movies to update the Library db. Or, if you've changed a ton of .nfo files, delete your db & rescan it from scratch. If you've exported .nfo, fanart, & actors, the rescan shouldn't take more than a few minutes, even if you have 500 movies.

Of course, to get what you're wanting, you then would have to be able to add a Genre link in the Main Menu, which not having xbmc installed at my office, I can't tell you whether Settings/Skin Settings allows this. If Rapier doesn't allow this, there have been quite a few tutorials in the past on how to add main menu items, but I'd just leave this as a request, rather than hacking the Rapier code.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51605

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=61779
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Video Categories0