Make song info & thumb stay onscreen during Viz
i made a little patch to the viz & music overlay windows so that if you hit the info button while the info/thumb is at its resting place on the screen, it'll stay on screen until you hit the info button again. i added a new bool to guiwindowmusicoverlay.h called m_bshowinfoalways.

question for you all is, what do you think should happen when you switch to the gui and back to the viz window? should the overlay retain the setting, or should it be set back to the default?

i compiled and it test it both ways. i'm just not sure which way i should submit it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
1. nice. many ppl asked for it. :d
2. i would keep the setting no matter what the user does in the meantime till he hits info in the viz again.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
really? i was leaning the other way so that whenever the viz window starts, it takes two hits to the info button to make it stick on screen.

i thought the other way where it remembers when u switch between the gui and the viz was not that intuitive.

i'll let a few more people chime in with there opinions before packaging it up for submission on sf.net.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
isn't this already in? if you set the my videos osd onscreen time to 0 and play music, info once brings up the music osd, and a second time hides it. maybe i'm confused.
--jaga
are you sure about that? the only reference to the osdtimeout global variable is in guiwindowfullscreen which (to the best of my knowledge) is only for full screen video output. the music osd is controlled in combination by guiwindowmusicoverlay and guiwindowvisualisation

regardless, even if that does work, i know i dont want to set my osd timeout to zero permanently just because sometimes i want the info to remain on screen during a music viz.
nah video osd and music song info are two different things.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
alrighty then... since no one really replied to this thread, im going to submit it later tonight as i currently have it running --where the stay on screen variable is reset when switching back to the gui. the code is commented so the devs can remove it if they see fit.
i use the 0 sec option in video settings to keep the info on screen until i press info again! Smile
Quote: if you set the my videos osd onscreen time to 0 and play music, info once brings up the music osd, and a second time hides it.

the function described by jaga is already in and it worked fine :-)

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=2633
though i to would say i use 0 sec in video osd and one press on info/white will bring up the cover art + info. and it will stay there until u press the button once again. or when the next song starts.

so i guess this patch only enables you to have something other then 0 sec in video osd and still have this function i the "music osd".
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
yeah, i looked back thru the code, and the osdtimeout is used to calculate how long the info stays on screen. i'm not quite sure why. there should probably be two different timeout values -- one for music, and one for the video osd.

and yes, this allows you to override the osdtimeout setting (only in the music overlay during a viz.)
kraqh3d:

just confirming that yes, the music "osd" (ie overlay) does use the timeout from the videoosd. this should be separated out, and likely will be if/when a musicosd is added in. the control schema will likely need looking into if/when the musicosd is added anyway.

thanks again for the patch Smile

cheers,
jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make song info & thumb stay onscreen during Viz0