MOD - Recently Added Movies and TV Shows
Neat stuff! Thank you very much for building this!

FWIW, I noticed that the "Recently Added TV Shows" list showed a different "top 5" than XBMC's internal list, so I changed the SQL Statement in "recentadded.py" to be:

sql_episodes = "select * from episodeview WHERE playCount IS NULL order by idEpisode desc limit %d"

... which works just fine.

Also, if you could find a way to nicely indicate whether or not the list has focus, it would help a little in Rapier. (Haven't tried in other skins. Maybe just alter the title color?)

I haven't messed with it, but wonder if displaying more than 5 items would look bad. I imagine the thumbnails aren't scalable? (I run in 1080p, so the list could easily contain 10 items...)

Thanks again!
Very interesting mod which I hope will make it into the main since it flows nicely.

However I was hopeing that this mod would create new full menu items for recently added movies and TV. I dont know how other people use XBMC but I use these two views 90%+ of the time. In medium stream redux it takes a few button presses to get to the view and it is limited to 20 items (which IMHO is to low) but you can get there.

I hope this is not OT for the thread but are full menu items or easy access to the complete view possible.

Thanks in advance.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
xexe Wrote:Very interesting mod which I hope will make it into the main since it flows nicely.

However I was hoping that this mod would create new full menu items for recently added movies and TV. I dont know how other people use XBMC but I use these two views 90%+ of the time. In medium stream redux it takes a few button presses to get to the view and it is limited to 20 items (which IMHO is to low) but you can get there.

I hope this is not OT for the thread but are full menu items or easy access to the complete view possible.

Thanks in advance.

I am working on something with a work colleague that I think is part way to what you are after. Sub-menus on the main menus that will be user configurable. I have mine working like so:

Movies has on its sub menu with the default items such as Title, Genre, Actor etc but in addition as Recently Added and option to add any other item you want. So for instance you could add an entry called Kids that would only show kids movies (this could be achieved through Genres but just reduces the number of clicks required and makes it more accessible to novice users)

Videos has sub menus to particular folders eg my wife is currently into Zumba and I have a lot of personal family movie clips I don't like to import these in to my main library so the Videos sub menu has entries: Files, Zumba, Personal, Favourites, YouTube, Rev3 etc

I have done the same for TV Shows and Music.

The Sub Menus look identical to the Settings sub menu.

I have hard coded mine for now but am considering a way via skin settings for a user to add new entries via the xbmc gui.

Not sure if this is something others would be interested in.
I modded my videos home screen menu to open a sub menu (Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos, Files and Library) so that you can acess the media like you do in mediastream_redux and if you wish hide the movie and tvshows.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
qualar Wrote:I am working on something with a work colleague that I think is part way to what you are after. Sub-menus on the main menus that will be user configurable. I have mine working like so:

Movies has on its sub menu with the default items such as Title, Genre, Actor etc but in addition as Recently Added and option to add any other item you want. So for instance you could add an entry called Kids that would only show kids movies (this could be achieved through Genres but just reduces the number of clicks required and makes it more accessible to novice users)

Videos has sub menus to particular folders eg my wife is currently into Zumba and I have a lot of personal family movie clips I don't like to import these in to my main library so the Videos sub menu has entries: Files, Zumba, Personal, Favourites etc

I have done the same for TV Shows and Music.

The Sub Menus look identical to the Settings sub menu.

I have hard coded mine for now but am considering a way via skin settings for a user to add new entries via the xbmc gui.

Not sure if this is something others would be interested in.

This sounds kick ass! I would love to see that eve if it's sans the user adjustable configuration.
These all sound extremely interesting to me. TBH when I say me I actually mean my family.

I would argue that recently added is in a whole other category to genre etc in terms of method of usage. I can honestly say I rarely/never use genre or year etc and the least number of button clicks to get to recently added (preferably one click) equates to much simpler usage for my family which in turn equates to intuitive access which i dont have to explain to them.

Kudos
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
Awesome mod. It would be great to have a "recently added artists" in the music section. Has this been suggested already? I haven't read the full thread.
qualar Wrote:Fixed now - re-download.

Great mod, thanks for your hard work

The problem with the recent movies list playing the same movie for items 2 and 3 still persists.

Spotted the typo in Home.xml

<item id="2">
<label>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.2.Title)]</label>
<onclick>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.3.Path),PlayMedia(,)]</onclick>
<thumb>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestMovie.2.Fanart)]</thumb>
<visible>substring(Window.Property(LatestMovie.2.Path),.)</visible>
</item>
Continuing with the little bugs, I noted that the tv shows fade effect was not working, the prob is here:

Code:
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="75" time="200" delay="1000" condition="!Control.HasFocus(305)">Conditional</animation>

this line should be like :

Code:
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="75" time="200" delay="1000" condition="!Control.HasFocus(305) + !Control.HasFocus(306)">Conditional</animation>

that way the condition works for both movies and tv shows lists

TY for your work on this Nod
Thanks, looks great but it's missing some of my recent added stuff.
I haven't imported anthing since i installed the mod, could that be a problem?
hellsing Wrote:Thanks, looks great but it's missing some of my recent added stuff.
I haven't imported anthing since i installed the mod, could that be a problem?

Yes recent added is based on the last things imported to library.
qualar Wrote:Yes recent added is based on the last things imported to library.

But it misses some of the last imported things? Should it show the very latest movie on top and then in descending order?

Edit: Just to clarify, i imported some movies yesterday and installed the mod today so i have a lot of movies in the library.
hellsing Wrote:But it misses some of the last imported things? Should it show the very latest movie on top and then in descending order?

Edit: Just to clarify, i imported some movies yesterday and installed the mod today so i have a lot of movies in the library.

I realise that it's been over a week since your post, but I just wanted to chime in that the changes made to the SQL statement from one page back (unless this starts a new page) fix the issue you (and I) are having.

Actually, I haven't tried the change on my latest install, but I know it worked before.
I'd love to be able to use this MOD on my xboxs, unfortunately I tried it earlier and the result was around 10-20 seconds lag every time you try and view the homescreen presumably whilst the python script runs. Everything was fine after this delay but XBMC was frozen for a large amount of time every time I visited the home screen.

Any ideas for a less intensive query so I can run this without it freezing up or is the poor old xbox not powerful enough for a mod like this? Alternately would it be possible to make the script run just once at startup in the backround and cache the result in a file somewhere so it didn't need to be run every time I visit home?
seaweeduk Wrote:I'd love to be able to use this MOD on my xboxs, unfortunately I tried it earlier and the result was around 10-20 seconds lag every time you try and view the homescreen presumably whilst the python script runs. Everything was fine after this delay but XBMC was frozen for a large amount of time every time I visited the home screen.

Any ideas for a less intensive query so I can run this without it freezing up or is the poor old xbox not powerful enough for a mod like this? Alternately would it be possible to make the script run just once at startup in the backround and cache the result in a file somewhere so it didn't need to be run every time I visit home?

This as already been fixed on my full MOD.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MOD - Recently Added Movies and TV Shows0