MOD - Recently Added Movies and TV Shows
qualar Wrote:This as already been fixed on my full MOD.

I've noticed the same problem of hanging up the home screen on this mod when used on the xbox. The newest version of the full MOD (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...qualar+mod) is better, but it still hangs the home screen for 1-2 seconds at minimum. Not sure if this is something that can be rectified, the processing power for the Xbox just isn't close to what an HTPC would be, so the speed that it can do the queries is the bottleneck here. I noticed that the newest version of the mod does a different (and less complex) query to the TV show db, which is why it probably loads faster.

I wouldn't worry about trying to optimize it for the xbox too much, you might just have to live without it on that platform if is a problem. I like my xbox for XBMC alot, but that platform is quickly dying out.
qualar Wrote:This as already been fixed on my full MOD.

I'm going to try the full mod now, which specific files would I need to keep on the default installation if I just wanted the recently added part?
robweber Wrote:I've noticed the same problem of hanging up the home screen on this mod when used on the xbox. The newest version of the full MOD (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...qualar+mod) is better, but it still hangs the home screen for 1-2 seconds at minimum. Not sure if this is something that can be rectified, the processing power for the Xbox just isn't close to what an HTPC would be, so the speed that it can do the queries is the bottleneck here. I noticed that the newest version of the mod does a different (and less complex) query to the TV show db, which is why it probably loads faster.

I wouldn't worry about trying to optimize it for the xbox too much, you might just have to live without it on that platform if is a problem. I like my xbox for XBMC alot, but that platform is quickly dying out.

Yeah it's a shame really, I'm ready to upgrade once I can afford to get a HD TV in 6 months or so but my XBOX has stood me so well for many years. The server all my media is on sits right above my xbox anyway and is connected to the same TV. Unfortunately I've found the picture quality isn't as good as my trusty old xbox so I prefer to continue using that.

I have started to notice its limitations a little switching recently to using the media library especially when scanning for new content and running skins like aeon. That's why I was so happy to find this skin because it looks great and runs really quickly the majority of the time. This mod itself I was hoping to run on my brothers xbox, I have that setup the same as mine but it takes a lot longer for him to update the library over wifi. Indeed on my xbox it lags a bit scanning for content and I have so much it usually takes about half an hour to complete so rather than do it startup I do it manually. With this MOD he'd see new content straight away easily on the home screen without scanning. Because I now ftp into his xbox and update it with the library and thumbnails from my own xbox which I keep updated manually to save time and lag.
Hmm still freezes for around 10 seconds with the mod, its faster than before but I think my media library is just a bit too big for this feature.
seaweeduk Wrote:Hmm still freezes for around 10 seconds with the mod, its faster than before but I think my media library is just a bit too big for this feature.

This mod has been updated in my full mod. If you want this feature you should use my full mod instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MOD - Recently Added Movies and TV Shows0