• 2(current)
High CPU Usage on SVN Build
I rolled back to 9.04 and all is well. Something changed around the time the svn location was moved.
drivesoslow Wrote:I rolled back to 9.04 and all is well. Something changed around the time the svn location was moved.

I have been running svn22528 for a while now for this reason. I have the same problem with later svn builds.

Running on Geforce 5500 and noticed you are running 5700 so it could have to do with the drivers they use.
theduff Wrote:I have been running svn22528 for a while now for this reason. I have the same problem with later svn builds.

Running on Geforce 5500 and noticed you are running 5700 so it could have to do with the drivers they use.

This is a problem for me as the system in question is an all in one "monitor" and the video card cannot be updated
I'm running SVN revision 22823 problem free now, somewhere around 23000 is when the 100% usage started
I'm another casualty of this bug and I've been doing some testing to find out where the 100% bug started. I found that the last working build (for me at least) is 23208. All the builds following up to 23328 won't compile for me. Build 23329 works, but introduces a GUI glitch, but it doesn't have the 100% bug.

The first build which I can build where the 100% bug comes into play is build 23366. The last to build with the glitch is 23353, so this bug is introduced somewhere between 23354 and 23366.

Just for the info, I'm using a GeForce FX 5650 with the latest 172.14.20 Legacy driver and the debug logs show absolutely nothing so no help from that Sad
I am also getting a 100% cpu usage issue. I switched to the "non-hd" pm3 skin and it seems to be a workaround for now. I'm not sure if this sheds any light on the problem.
XyLo Wrote:I'm another casualty of this bug and I've been doing some testing to find out where the 100% bug started. I found that the last working build (for me at least) is 23208. All the builds following up to 23328 won't compile for me. Build 23329 works, but introduces a GUI glitch, but it doesn't have the 100% bug.

The first build which I can build where the 100% bug comes into play is build 23366. The last to build with the glitch is 23353, so this bug is introduced somewhere between 23354 and 23366.

Just for the info, I'm using a GeForce FX 5650 with the latest 172.14.20 Legacy driver and the debug logs show absolutely nothing so no help from that Sad

I'm pretty sure the bug has something to do with the legacy nvidia driver.
ERamseth Wrote:I am also getting a 100% cpu usage issue. I switched to the "non-hd" pm3 skin and it seems to be a workaround for now. I'm not sure if this sheds any light on the problem.

What video card are you running?
drivesoslow Wrote:What video card are you running?

old radeon on the box in question... definitely not a casualty of the nvidia problem, if in-fact there is a nvidia related problem
got this on my ION Atom N330 & on my octo core mac, as well any ideas
ERamseth Wrote:old radeon on the box in question... definitely not a casualty of the nvidia problem, if in-fact there is a nvidia related problem

I shouldn't say nvidia specific problem, but my theory is that it may be an issue with any older video card that doesn't support whatever opengl feature is causing this problem
drivesoslow Wrote:I shouldn't say nvidia specific problem, but my theory is that it may be an issue with any older video card that doesn't support whatever opengl feature is causing this problem

I am not at home right now, but I am almost 100% certain this is the case with my card on the box in question. Although looking above it looks like there are similar problems on an ASRock board which has a pretty recent video card...

It also looks like there are problems on 8-core machines above as well... I guess that probably rules out the idea that the problem is related to too many threads for image loading in skins...

If there's anything I can do to test this out or debug it further, I'm happy to help... just point me in the right direction.
I have spent a lot of time trying to debug this but the error logs contain no errors so I am at a loss as to what to do.

Unfortunately the system I have that is experiencing this issue has an integrated video card and LCD so upgrading the video card is not an option.
Add any pertinent information you can to the trac ticket I created:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7546
How many of you that are affected by this are using the Nvidia PPA in your sources list?

i was looking into what was upgraded when I last updated XBMC and a few stuck out at me, they were upgrading to newer versions than the official Ubuntu release. Turns out the Nvidia PPA was upgrading xorg binaries to work with newer nvidia drivers.

Once I downgraded the packages below, XBMC started working again at it's normal speed.

I have an intel card and the packages below are what was upgraded and what I downgraded back to official packages.

libdrm2
xserver-xorg-video-all
xserver-xorg-video-intel
libdrm-intel1
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
High CPU Usage on SVN Build0