Better Apple TV controls plus fixes clearart on Apple TV
I'm not taking the credit, just incorporate the changes you want in the joystick.AppleRemote.xml which is located in /Volumes/frontrow/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/keymaps/

First check out this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=230849&postcount=4

Apple TV Remote Changes

Full screen video
-----------------------------
Press + for forward 10 minutes <button id="1">BigStepForward</button> Use to be Increase Volume "VolumeUp" was useless if you already controlled your volume with some other remote
Press - for back 10 minutes <button id="2">BigStepBack</button> Use to be Decrease Volume "VolumeDown"
Press >>| for forward 30 seconds <button id="4">StepForward</button> Same as before
Press |<< for back 8 seconds <button id="3">SmallStepBack</button> Use to be Backwards 30 seconds, adds better control if you skip commercials
Press play/pause to play/pause and now displays clearart on TV Shows <button id="5">Pause</button> Use to bring up OSD and required another press to pause and did not show clearart
Press menu to bring up OSD player controls <button id="6">OSD</button> Brings up OSD for additional controls like audio, video, subtitles plus standard player control
Press and hold play/pause for stop <!-- hold play --> <button id="7">Stop</button> Did not exist
Press and hold menu to bring up movie information <!-- hold menu --> <button id="8">Info</button> Did not exist

SlideShow
---------
Press and Hold menu to rotate picture <!-- hold menu --> <button id="8">Rotate</button> Did not exist
Press play/pause to play/pause <button id="5">Pause</button> Did not do anything before

There are a couple of other changes but I haven't tried them yet

MacMini 2.3gHz i7, OS X 10.13.6
Running Kodi 18.9
I am using Apple Mini with XBMC version 23393. There is no file located as you describe. But a folder named: keymaps has the file. The file is located in contents\resources\xbmc\system\keymaps\joystick.AppleRemote.xml.

So I follow your direction and change the xml file. However, I still can't get it to work as the way I want. When I play movie in full screen, I press UP on the apple remote, it still have the volume up and it doesn't forward 10 mins as I want. Can you give me more direction in detail to help me to fix it? Thanks.

<FullscreenVideo>
<joystick name="AppleRemote">
<button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
<button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
<button id="3">StepBack</button>
<button id="4">StepForward</button>
<button id="5">Pause</button>
<button id="6">OSD</button>
<!-- hold play --> <button id="7">Stop</button>
<!-- hold menu --> <button id="8">Info</button>
</joystick>
</FullscreenVideo>
not skin related, moving to: XBMC for Mac and AppleTV Specific Support
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
[quote=linbl]I am using Apple Mini with XBMC version 23393. There is no file located as you describe. But a folder named: keymaps has the file. The file is located in contents\resources\xbmc\system\keymaps\joystick.AppleRemote.xml.
[/quote]
Sorry about the path, my mistake, I corrected my post
[quote=linbl]
So I follow your direction and change the xml file. However, I still can't get it to work as the way I want. When I play movie in full screen, I press UP on the apple remote, it still have the volume up and it doesn't forward 10 mins as I want. Can you give me more direction in detail to help me to fix it? Thanks.

Actually, only 2 section were changed <FullscreenVideo> and <SlideShow> and her are both:
<FullscreenVideo>
<!-- Plus --> <button id="1">BigStepForward</button>
<!-- Minus --> <button id="2">BigStepBack</button>
<!-- Left --> <button id="3">SmallStepBack</button>
<!-- Right --> <button id="4">StepForward</button>
<!-- Play --> <button id="5">Pause</button>
<!-- Menu --> <button id="6">OSD</button>
<!-- hold play --> <button id="7">Stop</button>
<!-- hold menu --> <button id="8">Info</button>
</joystick>
</FullscreenVideo>
<SlideShow>
<button id="1">ZoomIn</button>
<button id="2">ZoomOut</button>
<button id="3">PreviousPicture</button>
<button id="4">NextPicture</button>
<!-- Play --> <button id="5">Pause</button>
<button id="6">Stop</button>
<!-- hold menu --> <button id="8">Rotate</button>
</joystick>
</SlideShow>
The changed lines have the comments in front BUT the real problem is that you have a Mac Mini and therefore it is a Mac and not an AppleTV.

As far as I know, In order to have different settings for different applications, you need 3rd party software like Mira or RemoteBuddy.

Running Kodi 18.9
You are right! I just tried your fix in appleTV, it works. When play movie, press UP in apple remote, it will forward 10 mins.

It won't work in Mac Mini. Don't know how to fix it without the 3rd party software. Can we get it work that way without 3rd party software?

However, I also download the 30 days trial of RemoteBuddy. How do I set it up so I can press UP key in apple remote and get the movie forward 10 mins?

Please help! I tried so many different way and can't get it to work.
Just discovered that with the new settings, when you are on the info window, if you press Left on the remote you now get the Plot screen on top of the info.

very cool

Running Kodi 18.9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Better Apple TV controls plus fixes clearart on Apple TV0