• 17(current)
Compressed textures for FanArt - testing here with XBMC 2009-10-05 (r23431) or newer
Hello,

a short info. The same Database works fine on my Laptop (nVidia 8400GS on Win7).

I will try the point with "restrictcapsmask" if i am back from the office.

I also try some older SVN Version to check if the error still exists.

Thanks all for help (this is a very sympathetic forum Nod).
jmarshall Wrote:DDS image loads fine in XBMC here. My guess is you suffer from a similar bug as discussed here:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9269

Try setting <restrictcapsmask> to 4 in advancedsettings.xml.

Cheers,
Jonathan

That solved the problem I was having with certain fanarts previously and also the problem I was having yesterday when I started using a Textures.xbt for Alaska Revisited.

Thanks.
Smile 
Hello,

with restrictcapsmask 4 all DDS file are fine. But i have on question...

Give it a disadvantage if i use the restrictcapsmask tag in my advancedsettings?

What exactly does restrictcapsmask? How can i fix the problem permanently?

Okay thanks all for help

BoBeRzE
You can't - it's a bug with your hardware.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hitcher, BoBeRze, would you please add debug logs to http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9269, indicating that a restrictcapsmask of 4 cures your problem.

I'm still looking for a pattern and so far I only know it happens with an nVidia GeForce 7100. The debug logs will give me the necessary info on your HW.

At this point I'm not sure if the HW wrongly reports a capability or if the bug is on XBMCs side. It's hard to figure out without access to the HW.

Setting the restrictcapsmask will prevent XBMC from using compressed non-power of two textures. That means that it will use a bit more video ram, since it will round up the texture size to the next power of two.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Sure, do you need with and without logs?
Hello,

i have add my Logs and a picture to ticket 9269.

Have a nice day
BoBeRzE
I just reloaded XBMC-Live on a 4Gb USB drive. Not sure of the SVN #, but it would be whatever was in the repo on 7/12/10.

I set XBMC to use DDS fanart by creating/entering the info in advancedsettings.xml... and scanned in my library. Part of the way through the scanning stopped and checking the log it appears that XBMC could no longer write to the drive. Apparently the .dds files are alot larger in size, and filled up the available space on the flash drive. XBMC created the .dds files in the .xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart folder, and if I remove the .dds files and remove advancedsettings.xml, the library scans complete using the jpg/tbn files.

Is there a way to remap where my Fanart/Thumbnails/etc... are stored? I would really like to store them on my NAS if at all possible.
I would imagine that local storage of the fanart is really important to the loading speed (e.g. the reason to go DDS instead of jpeg). As such, it might be worth dropping the $30 to get a 16 GB thumb drive instead.
I use a mysql library and share my thumbnails folder from my server via smb. I also use DDS fanart. The speed is much faster that using local "normal" fanart. Easiest way is to mount your share to /.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails folder. First create a Thumbnails folder on your server. Then add something like this to /etc/fstab
Code:
//yourserverip/Thumbnails /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails cifs username=urusername,password=urpassword,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777$

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
harryzimm Wrote:I use a mysql library and share my thumbnails folder from my server via smb. I also use DDS fanart. The speed is much faster that using local "normal" fanart. Easiest way is to mount your share to /.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails folder. First create a Thumbnails folder on your server. Then add something like this to /etc/fstab
Code:
//yourserverip/Thumbnails /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails cifs username=urusername,password=urpassword,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777$

cheers

Thanks a lot. I thought of doing that, glad to hear from someone who is using that type of setup.

When you say it is "much" faster... do you think it will make a skin such as transparency! more usable on a single core ION?
well i have a single core ion set up this way and unfortunately its not near as fast as the dual core model using the same setup, however i dont use transparency. If i had known you were using a single core ion i would have recommended what cbrunhaver said and get a bigger drive. Having said that, you might as well give it a shot and see what happens. Good luck

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
I added advancedsettings.xml in userdata folder how do I get XBMC to convert the images? I already have a built library
Nothing. It does it automatically as the images are being displayed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

O really? I did not see any improvement, using Zotac Ion... and how do i know it has converted the image?
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compressed textures for FanArt - testing here with XBMC 2009-10-05 (r23431) or newer1