• 21(current)
Compressed textures for FanArt - testing here with XBMC 2009-10-05 (r23431) or newer
Extra fanart will be .dds'ed just like any external image will be.

The log will show you when it generates .dds images.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Extra fanart will be .dds'ed just like any external image will be.

The log will show you when it generates .dds images.

Even though the extra fanart is not in the cache ?
I have just converted mine manually.
Converting them manually won't do anything unless the skin looks for them - remember, these are loaded directly out of your movie folder(s) by the skin itself.

XBMC caches all such images.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Extra fanart will be .dds'ed just like any external image will be.
Every images ? like landscape.jpg, extrafanarts or backdrops ? That's sweet !
even logo.png Wink
Working great. But would it be possible to disable the pictures' conversion only.
Given all the photos one might have in here. DDS Conversion can just be a neverending process hooking up ressources each time you enter pictures' library
It only does the thumbnail of the picture, and at this point it's all or nothing, yes. It would be somewhat difficult to disable it piecemeal without the cache knowing what type of image it was caching. A patch to do this would be considered, but I have a feeling it would be tricky to get right.

Cheers,
Jonathan

does useddsfanart provide any benefits on atv(linux) ? does can gpu even be used for that?
vajonam Wrote:does useddsfanart provide any benefits on atv(linux) ? does can gpu even be used for that?

definitely! use it and you will see Smile
Riderzzz Wrote:definitely! use it and you will see Smile

it sure does, did a re-scan of my lib! performance is close to more mordern hardware now!
It's makes a big difference, i'm sure you will agree.
I'm having a problem with this - looks like the advancedsettings.xml is loading correct. however, i went through like 20 videos in my library, and it didn't create DDS artwork for any of them. However, when I browse my thumbnails folder, it shows it made DDS for the thumbnails of the movie, and the backgrounds that i use in the main menu - but not the fanart. For some reason, i can't get it to make DDS of the fanart. Am I doing something wrong? I have fanart.jpg currently in each movie folder. How do I fix this?
I'm having a problem with this - looks like the advancedsettings.xml is loading correct according to the log. However, i went through like 20 videos in my library, and it didn't create DDS artwork for any of them. However, when I browse my thumbnails folder, it shows it made DDS for the thumbnails of the movie, and the backgrounds that i use in the main menu - but not the fanart. For some reason, i can't get it to make DDS of the fanart. Am I doing something wrong? I have fanart.jpg currently in each movie folder. How do I fix this?
would it be possible for ALL images in a skin (menus etc) to be converted into .dds and then for xbmc to support this?

The fanart makes a huge difference on nvidia ion pc's but would be great if the whole skin was just as speedy.
What is the status of DDS image now ? The forums: http://zdrowo.info.pl/forum/ seems to have silence down about it ? Laugh
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compressed textures for FanArt - testing here with XBMC 2009-10-05 (r23431) or newer1