• 26(current)
Compressed textures for FanArt - testing here with XBMC 2009-10-05 (r23431) or newer
I followed the same guide.

After conversion, XBMC will handle it as long as you have "useddsfanart" enabled in advance settings Smile

Not sure if that will do all skin background images as well though...waiting for an answer on that from my post above you ...
There's no need to manually convert it. Once the useddsfanart option is set to true via advancedsettings.xml, it will be handled automagically while browsing/caching the library
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Is there any way to set a particular folder to be excluded from the "useddsfanart" rule?

Ronies's excellent Last.fm artist slideshow addon places the cached slideshow images in a folder named "ArtistSlideshow" within the userdata/thumbnails folder.

There's really no need for the dds images to be created here. Most of the images aren't very big anyway, and image loading time isn't an issue within the slideshow.

Therefore I would rather spare the CPU processing effort to make the .dds files, and also save a lot of extra diskspace (this addon rapidly caches 1000s of images).

Any advanced setting possible now / in the future to exclude this folder?

Thanks very much...
Ideally 'userdata/thumbnails' is ONLY touched from core. Add-ons usually store their data in the addon_data folder. Anyway, i think you should open a new thread for this _special_ issue.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hi,

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to write a batch file (for WINDOWS) to convert all the .tbn files in the fanart directory to dds. nvcompress or makedds will work since I have both executables.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
You're in luck.

Another kind user created this excellent tool and guide for that very purpose Smile
kiboy6 Wrote:You're in luck.

Another kind user created this excellent tool and guide for that very purpose Smile

Yepper!

PROBLEM: 1700 video files, scrolling with fanart on was intollerable.

SOLUTION: Read the thread (... ok, well, most of the thread), and then used the info at How to increase the speed of XBMC Dharma with NVIDIA ION GPU's by using *.dds fanart instead of *.jpg fanart files

Even added my own .02 to update the bat file for Win7 64-bit users.

RESULTS: On my Zotec MB with Nvidia graphics, I am now able to turn background fanart on again.

Scolling is smooth!
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compressed textures for FanArt - testing here with XBMC 2009-10-05 (r23431) or newer1