• 19(current)
Compressed textures for FanArt - testing here with XBMC 2009-10-05 (r23431) or newer
I now use this option in the advacedsetting.xml and I must say that it is amasing. Im on a Eee Box1012 so the diferens was lika day and night..

Is there any way of adding this option for all other images like movie-posters, cd-albumcover and all others?
sure, you code it up.
drago Wrote:Is there any way of adding this option for all other images like movie-posters, cd-albumcover and all others?

I have read that you can include it by compiling XBMC with a patch. I havent tried it as yet however.
Well I mean the function must be in xbmc today because of the working fanart dds conversion. Is there no easy way of getting a function in there for all images that you tell it in the advancedsetting.xml file or am I wrong? It rely is the best function with a slow computer =)
The advanced setting applies to all images.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

^^ Even backdrops used in skins? If it does, this means that as long as a DDS version exists it will load it instead?
Sorry if this has already been answered, but real quick:

The advancedsettings tag works GREAT on my Zotac ION setup, but is there a way to tell XBMC to create the DDS for all the items in the currently displayed library? Like how the codec information is downloaded as long as you leave the library open long enough? From my observations (and if I understand the wiki entry) the DDS is only generated AFTER viewing the image. I assume that means I need to scroll through my entire library slow enough for the DDS file to be generated for each library entry?

Great work, this makes fanart actually usable now!
jmarshall Wrote:The advanced setting applies to all images.

Ok i have notised that it works for fanart and backdrops but not for cdcovers and movieposters. But if it does that means its all great. I will see if I missed something. Thanks
The attached zipfile in the firstpost is gone. I'd like to try this! (Ati 780G/3200 on WinXP SP3, rev32969) Could you post it again?
BTW will this be used by default with the Dharma release?
jmarshall Wrote:I'll write up a definitive document on the wiki later tonight.

EDIT: Here you go:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=ThumbnailCache

Any questions about this, let me know and I'll write the answers there to save me repeating myself Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks for that - I've read the article and it's not clear (to me anyway) how we can then transition to using the dds files once we've already scanned the library and then added the settings in advancedsetting.xml without carrying out an offline process of converting the file - if at possible.

Cheers mate
Set the advancedsetting.

That's it. Nothing else is required. All background loaded images will then auto-generate dds files (slowly, in the background).

To get them all generated for movies, the simple way is to go to movies, then navigate one by one (as fast as you like as long as each image shows on screen) through them. Go in and watch the log and you'll see it generating 'em.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:To get them all generated for movies, the simple way is to go to movies, then navigate one by one (as fast as you like as long as each image shows on screen) through them. Go in and watch the log and you'll see it generating 'em.

Gotcha. So basically about 2 seconds per movie (Which is how long it takes for my lame tbn's to show up!) then leave XBMC running. Got it. Already doing that now, but was hoping for a way to tell XBMC to do them all. Perhaps a feature idea as time permits Smile Meanwhile, I'll just set a timer to press the down arrow every 5 seconds and walk away for a half hour. Come back and I should be good to go.
thanks, it seems I needed to reboot after making the change
You might want to update the first post.

Do you still need feedback? I added the advanced setting and let XMBC alone after running through the database. DDS files were generated automagically. Speed improvement is huge.

System: Lenovo Q150 (Atom D510, ION 2), Windows 7 32bit
This looks amazing. However, I have read through the entire thread and being a bit new to the scene I am completely lost. I currently run XBMC Live 9.11 r26018 on an acer revo with all my media files organized via media companion and stored on my Windows Home Server. If someone could lay out a pretty detailed on what I need to do to convert my files and get this up and running I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks for any help.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compressed textures for FanArt - testing here with XBMC 2009-10-05 (r23431) or newer1