TrailerView Mod by SAangler
i really like the mod, but i think i noticed bugs. with the mod installed i can't switch off the dvd case in wrap view and when i bring up the movie info screen, it shows the movie info on top of the normal wrap view ,like on the image below.
r1ctus Wrote:i really like the mod, but i think i noticed bugs. with the mod installed i can't switch off the dvd case in wrap view and when i bring up the movie info screen, it shows the movie info on top of the normal wrap view ,like on the image below.
I was able to fix the bug which stopped you from turning the dvd cover on/off. Have added new downloads to First Post. Am still working on bug for Video Info Display as it requires a lot more time and I am busy for the next few days. Thank you for the feed back and spotting the bugs.
Sorry to be OT, but Im new to XBMC and just found this skin, witch looks awsome by the way.
But I was just wondering how you turn on the DVD case function?
All Ive got now is the standard poster.. Ive looked in all the settings..
Snowwfall Wrote:Sorry to be OT, but Im new to XBMC and just found this skin, witch looks awsome by the way.
But I was just wondering how you turn on the DVD case function?
All Ive got now is the standard poster.. Ive looked in all the settings..
Not a problem my friend, just go to settings, then skin settings, then MEDIA. Select MOVIES and a drop down list of options will be available. Scroll down until you see the selection: HIDE WRAP INFO VIEW DVD CASE small blue dot means NO DVD CASE. No small blue dot means you will see a DVD CASE in WRAP INFO VIEW. I hope this helps you understand how this works.

SAangler
After looking into some bugs that were reported I have updated the first post with new files. Thanks for all the positive feedback and I am happy that so many of you have downloaded and are enjoying the mod.

SAangler
steve1977 Wrote:That would indeed be the perfect merger!!! Using the fanart view instead the fanwrap view and then "on click" having the extra movie show. Then on "press down" having the trailer playing in this window. That would be the perfect MOD!!!

When it comes to the extrathumbs, I know you guys are thinking of it, but my hope would be to keep this optional. I believe that the views are "cleaner" without too many thumbs showing at the same time.

Any chance to see a MOD like this come "alive". Would love to MOD myself, bu unfortunately miss the capabilities to do so.

I saw your try-out with the extra-thumbs that I dont mind that it didnt work out. Would love to see the merger on two other dimensions:

1) Have the info show in the fanart view and not in the fanwrap view

2) Have the windows info only show on "click up". Then, have the trailer show on "click down" as today!!!

Thanks a million. This would be the "cleanest" MOD to come true!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
saangler Wrote:After looking into some bugs that were reported I have updated the first post with new files. I had to drop the combination mod with the extra thumbs mod as it slowed everything down too much. Sorry guys Sad. Anyway, thanks for all the positive feedback and I am happy that so many of you have downloaded and are enjoying the mod.

SAangler
thanks, the mod looks really great! but I'd still like to use it with extrathumbs, it didn't slow it down that much for me. when using extrathumbs which didn't have to be resized (i used 300*169), it didn't slow down at all. maybe if using .bmp thumbs was possible, it didn't slow down on slower machines either. can you tell me what to copy from the combined mod, so i can use extrathumbs with this new version?
r1ctus Wrote:thanks, the mod looks really great! but I'd still like to use it with extrathumbs, it didn't slow it down that much for me. when using extrathumbs which didn't have to be resized (i used 300*169), it didn't slow down at all. maybe if using .bmp thumbs was possible, it didn't slow down on slower machines either. can you tell me what to copy from the combined mod, so i can use extrathumbs with this new version?
Well the demand is there so I will redo the extrathumbs TrailerView Combination Mod for all those who have requested it. I don't have a HTPC only use 4 xbox's around my home so my mod has been designed with the xbox 1 in mind. I hope to have the new files available in the next 24 hours. The bug fixing and troubleshooting is done so I just need to redo the code for the combination mod. I will make another post when those files are available.

SAangler
steve1977 Wrote:Any chance to see a MOD like this come "alive". Would love to MOD myself, bu unfortunately miss the capabilities to do so.

I saw your try-out with the extra-thumbs that I dont mind that it didnt work out. Would love to see the merger on two other dimensions:

1) Have the info show in the fanart view and not in the fanwrap view

2) Have the windows info only show on "click up". Then, have the trailer show on "click down" as today!!!

Thanks a million. This would be the "cleanest" MOD to come true!!!
Hi Steve1977, your Idea for a mod has me interested. Fanart View where you only see dvd images along the bottom and the movie fanart in background. When you press up you get information just like in Wrap Info View. When you press down you could continue left or right or press down again and view a Trailer/Preview if one is available.

My only concern would be if when you are viewing information of a movie and decide to move onto and select a different movie that you may start the Trailer/Preview by accident and would then have to wait for it to start before stopping it and moving on.

I will think about it some more and perhaps other readers may have some idea's as well.
Have some other work to finish first anyway so a day or two of thinking will help.

SAangler
Many have requested it so I got back to work on it and here it is. Have uploaded new files to the first post. Fixed bug where you could not hide dvd cover in Wrap Info View from skin settings. That now works. Another bug in this combination mod appears when you bring up the Video Info Dialogue screen. For some reason the previous screen shows through underneath.

As I am very new to coding and finding this a little bit harder to troubleshoot it may take me a little while to sort this one out. Any Idea's anyone Huh. LOL.

It's all good. I like a challenge and enjoy the end results.

SAangler
saangler Wrote:Hi Steve1977, your Idea for a mod has me interested.

There actually is a MOD for AEON skin, which achieved exactly that and was the most popular MOD. Would be awesome to get this into Rapier as well!!!

saangler Wrote:Fanart View where you only see dvd images along the bottom and the movie fanart in background. When you press up you get information just like in Wrap Info View.

Yes, you get the "windowed information", but the bottom stays with the slightly larger DVD images as in "fanart" (not "fanwrap").

saangler Wrote:When you press down you could continue left or right or press down again and view a Trailer/Preview if one is available.

Not sure whether I would do it this way. Would only allow "click down" after activating the "windowed info" and start directly the trailer. Otherwise, it becomes complex with too many clicks. The best thing about Rapier and your MOD is the simplicity!!!

saangler Wrote:My only concern would be if when you are viewing information of a movie and decide to move onto and select a different movie that you may start the Trailer/Preview by accident and would then have to wait for it to start before stopping it and moving on.

Even if you start it by accident, I would just have any other click stop the trailer. So, it shouldbt be any hassel.

Thanks again. Could really see this coming to life!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:There actually is a MOD for AEON skin, which achieved exactly that and was the most popular MOD. Would be awesome to get this into Rapier as well!!!

Yes, you get the "windowed information", but the bottom stays with the slightly larger DVD images as in "fanart" (not "fanwrap").

Not sure whether I would do it this way. Would only allow "click down" after activating the "windowed info" and start directly the trailer. Otherwise, it becomes complex with too many clicks. The best thing about Rapier and your MOD is the simplicity!!!

Even if you start it by accident, I would just have any other click stop the trailer. So, it shouldbt be any hassel.

Thanks again. Could really see this coming to life!!!

I was trying to achieve exactly what you are talking about. I got as far as the extrathumbs but failed with the trailer. I have gone through the trailer coding but cant get it to function correctly which is keeping me from adding the "on-click" piece.
hi! in the new combined mod the dvd case doesn't switch off completely for me, like it did on the TM mod, only the frame disappears, the blur on the image is still there. screenshot below.
r1ctus Wrote:hi! in the new combined mod the dvd case doesn't switch off completely for me, like it did on the TM mod, only the frame disappears, the blur on the image is still there. screenshot below.
G'day 'r1ctus',

Although 'igotdvds' are about to start work on a joint mod for Rapier on the Movies Fanart View. I have asked him to wait while I work on the combination mod to sort out the bugs.
'igotdvds' wrote the extrathumbs part and that is where the bugs are and he is as new to this as I am. We have talked and I have offered to put my efforts into finding and sorting out the problems. When the combination Mod is Bug free I will upload new files and make a new post here.

Thank you for bringing this bug to my attention, I hope we don't find anymore in this mod.. lol.

SAangler
The combination mod of 'igotdvds' Extrathumbs Mod and my TrailerView Mod had bugs that were reported. Both igotdvds and myself are very new to doing this kind of stuff so I suppose it was expected that there would be some problems.:o

I am happy to report that a Fix is now available in the first post. (A small download). A single file to be placed in your 720p folder for both the PC and the Xbox users.

I would be happy if someone could report back and let me know that it works for them. I have tested it on both a Laptop and xbox on this end but before I move onto a joint project with igotdvds I want to put this Combination Mod to bed so to speak.

Thank you.

SAangler

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TrailerView Mod by SAangler1