TrailerView Mod by SAangler
Thumbs Up 
*This Mod is for Rapier V2.0*

** It is important that you go to settings/skin settings and
select DO NOT SHOW VIDEO IN BACKGROUND to get the best from this Mod. **

When you are in Library mode and in "Wrap Info" view
you will see **PRESS DOWN TO PREVIEW THIS MOVIE** when
a trailer is available for viewing.Nod

[PC] User's press the down arrow on their keyboard. [Xbox] User's press down on remote.
Remember to Press Down Again to Stop or End Viewing a Trailer and continue listing movies.

It will only work if you have downloaded a trailer for the movie you have stored and named
it "movie name-trailer". IE:
My Movies\Gone With The Wind\Gone With The Wind.avi
My Movies\Gone With The Wind\Gone With The Wind-trailer.avi

I hope you enjoy this mod and if you have any problems PM me and I will do my best to help you.
No I don't have a huge collection of trailer files to share...lol. Big Grin . Find the ones you need online.

Download TrailerView Mod
There are now two new downloads available.
One is a full skin replacement for PC users. Just overwrite your Rapier folder or use as a new skin.
For Xbox users download the Xbox Add On as well as the first file and overwrite the 720p folder.

Rapier v2.0™.zip for PC users
Rapier v2.0™ Xbox Addon.zip for Xbox users

You can download the new files here...

* NOTE: When downloading ™ = TrailerView Mod and (cm) = Combination Mod

Those of you that wish to try the Combo Mod of 'igotdvd's' Extrathumbs View and my Trailerview Mod.
Then when you PRESS DOWN TO PREVIEW THIS MOVIE

Download Combination Mod

Rapier v2.0(cm).zip for PC users (Fix added)
Rapier v2.0(cm) Xbox Addon.zip for Xbox users (Fix added)

You can download the new files here...

* NOTE: When downloading ™ = TrailerView Mod and (cm) = Combination Mod

(Good news for users of the Combination Mod. New (small) download available which fixes all reported bugs so far including Video Info Dialogue Bleed Through and DVD Cover Hide). Only download the fix if you already have the mod installed. Download it here...

All the very best

SAangler
Excellent. I was wanting this feature and was going to do it this weekend. Perfect timing.
qualar Wrote:Excellent. I was wanting this feature and was going to do it this weekend. Perfect timing.
Thank's 'qualar',

I'm no skinner and can't code for sh*t. Just trial and error and lots of time on my hands. Hope it works just as well for others as it does for me. Always hated having to bring up the video info page first just to see if there was a trailer to play and then play it.

Cheers!
SAangler
saangler Wrote:Thank's 'qualar',

I'm no skinner and can't code for sh*t. Just trial and error and lots of time on my hands. Hope it works just as well for others as it does for me. Always hated having to bring up the video info page first just to see if there was a trailer to play and then play it.

Cheers!
SAangler

We need to merge my extrathumbs mod and this together for an all around very informative view. Let me know if you're interested.
saangler Wrote:Hey Rapier user's.

sorry to go offtopic but i have a quick question...do you have your studio flags turned off? or are they just not showing? i ask because i brought this up to scarfa and after a couple attempts to fix it he said somethin is wrong with my setup, but it appears you have the same issue (unless of course you did turn them off) thanks
igotdvds Wrote:We need to merge my extrathumbs mod and this together for an all around very informative view. Let me know if you're interested.
I will look at what you have done and see if it is possible to merge the two mods together in the next couple of days. The only problem I can see is the way in which I try to cover things up when a trailer is playing to keep things looking clean and neat.
Only One Haze Wrote:sorry to go offtopic but i have a quick question...do you have your studio flags turned off? or are they just not showing? i ask because i brought this up to scarfa and after a couple attempts to fix it he said somethin is wrong with my setup, but it appears you have the same issue (unless of course you did turn them off) thanks
I will look into this problem and get back to you. I was so busy trying to problem solve my mod, getting it to work the same way on both the xbox and the PC that I didn't take too much notice of the studio flag. On my PC the Studio flag is NOT showing at all since the update to v2.0. Hope this helps.
saangler Wrote:I will look into this problem and get back to you. I was so busy trying to problem solve my mod, getting it to work the same way on both the xbox and the PC that I didn't take too much notice of the studio flag. On my PC the Studio flag is NOT showing at all since the update to v2.0. Hope this helps.

Let me know if you need anything from me. A merger of those two views on the fanart view with a "on click" pop up would be amazing.
Just a suggestion, instead of pressing down or having the "Press Down to view trailer", have you thought of possibly creating an icon for the trailer and placing it to the left of the other icons instead?

I was just merely suggesting this as it would go very nicely with the skins other icons that are displayed for each movie.

Anyhow, great work and pls dont find my suggestion offensive.
igotdvds Wrote:Let me know if you need anything from me. A merger of those two views on the fanart view with a "on click" pop up would be amazing.

That would indeed be the perfect merger!!! Using the fanart view instead the fanwrap view and then "on click" having the extra movie show. Then on "press down" having the trailer playing in this window. That would be the perfect MOD!!!

When it comes to the extrathumbs, I know you guys are thinking of it, but my hope would be to keep this optional. I believe that the views are "cleaner" without too many thumbs showing at the same time.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
saangler Wrote:I will look into this problem and get back to you. I was so busy trying to problem solve my mod, getting it to work the same way on both the xbox and the PC that I didn't take too much notice of the studio flag. On my PC the Studio flag is NOT showing at all since the update to v2.0. Hope this helps.
OK. I fixed my problem with Studio Flags not showing by going into Skin settings and using the RESET SETTINGS option. This worked and I now have the Studio flags showing where they should be.
grupy Wrote:Just a suggestion, instead of pressing down or having the "Press Down to view trailer", have you thought of possibly creating an icon for the trailer and placing it to the left of the other icons instead?

I was just merely suggesting this as it would go very nicely with the skins other icons that are displayed for each movie.

Anyhow, great work and pls dont find my suggestion offensive.
I tried a variety of methods including the icon idea but in the end the KISS method was the best solution. Not everyone can get their head around navigating the screen on an xbox let alone a htpc... lol. To everyone who likes and uses this mod. Please feel free to modify it and try to improve it. I would like to see some variations put forward by others.

Cheers!
SAangler
igotdvds Wrote:We need to merge my extrathumbs mod and this together for an all around very informative view. Let me know if you're interested.

New files available soon check first post.

Thank you.

SAangler
saangler Wrote:Well you asked for it so I put it all together and came up with this:
Showing your Extrathumbs to the right as per your mod and the flags below etc.
*Note the Trailer Video will be smaller than the original Mod and may not be as neat or
line up as well.

Those of you that wish to try this Combo Mod of 'igotdvd's' and my Trailerview Mod can download it from Here.

Downloading now, looks good so far. Nice work!
Why not have the trailer preview take up the same amount of space as your original mod? Still have the thumbs, but remove them and use the same space as before once the trailer starts. I think that would look a little nicer. And great job by the way.
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TrailerView Mod by SAangler1