TrailerView Mod by SAangler
thank you both for your hard work, the mod is great, it looks simple and it's very easy to use. i think it's one of the best mods made for an XBMC skin.
Hi fellow Rapier skin user's,

Well it looks like these two are sorted then.

So it's onto the next project. Popup Video Information screen that you can hide again with the option to view a trailer in a window if available in the Fanart View.

First Post here.

Cheers

SAangler
Im kinda lost, I have the ™ loaded, and have a batman-trailer.avi in the same folder as my movie but it does not show ** Press down for trailer *** but I can press down and it shows a black square.

BTW I really like the skin, and the trailer addition is nice.
Chloraseptic Wrote:Im kinda lost, I have the ™ loaded, and have a batman-trailer.avi in the same folder as my movie but it does not show ** Press down for trailer *** but I can press down and it shows a black square.

BTW I really like the skin, and the trailer addition is nice.
Hi Chloraseptic,

This one is easy to fix my friend. What has happened is your xbmc library has not picked up the fact that you have a trailer sitting in the folder with your movie. Bring up the Video Information Dialogue screen by pressing [i] on the keyboard or [Info] on a remote and then select [Refresh]. This will reload the movie into the database and pickup the trailer. Everything should work then.
saangler Wrote:Hi Chloraseptic,

This one is easy to fix my friend. What has happened is your xbmc library has not picked up the fact that you have a trailer sitting in the folder with your movie. Bring up the Video Information Dialogue screen by pressing [i] on the keyboard or [Info] on a remote and then select [Refresh]. This will reload the movie into the database and pickup the trailer. Everything should work then.

Thanks, one last question... how do I bring up the music controls (skip song etc) with this skin? Im using ATV.
Nice work, SAangler! I love the way the trailers pop up! I'd been relying on the low quality streaming trailer URLs that get generated with Ember, but your mod has inspired me to spend the past few hours on YouTube downloading better quality clips! Hours! And it's all your fault! Smile

I realize that the original Rapier skin doesn't feature it either in Wrap Info view, but any chance we could get the studio icon onscreen somewhere? I was thinking that centered between the poster and the trailer would be really cool, but folks might object, so even at the end of the row of media icons would be good!

Thanks for the effort!
KevinSartori Wrote:Nice work, SAangler! I love the way the trailers pop up! I'd been relying on the low quality streaming trailer URLs that get generated with Ember, but your mod has inspired me to spend the past few hours on YouTube downloading better quality clips! Hours! And it's all your fault! Smile

I realize that the original Rapier skin doesn't feature it either in Wrap Info view, but any chance we could get the studio icon onscreen somewhere? I was thinking that centered between the poster and the trailer would be really cool, but folks might object, so even at the end of the row of media icons would be good!

Thanks for the effort!
G'day KevinSartori,

I looked at the xml files again for you and fixed the code. Studio Logos are now displayed between the dvd cover and the trailer/preview window in the WrapInfo view. Just go here and download the mod again. I have checked it on my PC and Xbox. All works fine.

I will wait for Scarfa to release Rapier v3.0 before I look into another mod as I wish to keep Rapier simple enough to run smoothly on the Xbox 1.

Cheers!
SAangler
Good work. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to find HQ Trailers to D/L? (Especially for movies that are a bit older)
XBMC System:
Windows 7, E8400, 2GB Ram, 8800GTS, 12.3 “Frodo”, Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Gaming Rig:
Windows 7, i72600k, 8GB Ram, Radeon HD 6950 2 GB, 128GB SSD.
Dignam Wrote:Good work. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to find HQ Trailers to D/L? (Especially for movies that are a bit older)
G'day Dignam,

I was not going to give away my trade secrets but seeing as you asked so nicely Smile.
For older movies I go to The Movie list here.
For most of the newer movies I go to Trailer Addict here. Then I convert my flv files to mov files and rename them to avi files. Hey don't ask me why, it just works. All my trailers play fine on both the PC and all my Xbox 1's. Good luck finding your movie trailers.

Cheers!
SAangler
Very nice work. It's always been my raining day product to populate my collection with trailers, tried this mod to see how things go and I don't know why I waited so ong. THis mod is very smooth and looks great!!

One minor thing...maybe in the first post put up the reminder to refresh the movie if you just added the trailer like in post #34. I totally forgot about that and was driving myself crazy for 10 minutesOo
I was digging thru the code to add this to a skin I am cooking up...Where is the code for the trailers? If I was looking right isn't XBMC.ActivateWindow(110) calling up the trailer? Thx for any replies.
The studio icon looks good, SAangler! Thanks for the update!
mcborzu Wrote:I was digging thru the code to add this to a skin I am cooking up...Where is the code for the trailers? If I was looking right isn't XBMC.ActivateWindow(110) calling up the trailer? Thx for any replies.
PM sent

Cheers!

SAangler
saangler Wrote:PM sent

Cheers!

SAangler

I am also looking to add this code for a skin I am working on, any chance you could send me a PM too with a little bit of help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TrailerView Mod by SAangler1