• 15(current)
[Mod] New Episode Info List and Wide List for Episodes
Hey there.
The problem on my end is, when I boot XBMC with your MOD of Rapier I get no recent movies and tv shows (the bar is just empty when pushing up arrow)... And there is no font in the file manage dialog like when u want to select an multi image path for backgrounds, i see only the folder symbols.
The funny thing although is, when I load Qualar's MOD FIRST and then switch to your colour Fork, everything works! Even font in the login screen, new movies and episodes show up, fonts in the file manage dialouges and all that stuff...

Thats weird, isnt it?
Oh and I'm using XBMC Camelot Alpha 2
Try4Ce Wrote:Hey there.
The problem on my end is, when I boot XBMC with your MOD of Rapier I get no recent movies and tv shows (the bar is just empty when pushing up arrow)... And there is no font in the file manage dialog like when u want to select an multi image path for backgrounds, i see only the folder symbols.
The funny thing although is, when I load Qualar's MOD FIRST and then switch to your colour Fork, everything works! Even font in the login screen, new movies and episodes show up, fonts in the file manage dialouges and all that stuff...

Thats weird, isnt it?
Oh and I'm using XBMC Camelot Alpha 2

I can explain why that is happening. Scranshafts MOD expects to find the recently added code to be in the main XBMC application folder. The problem with this is that when you upgrade XBMC you need to make sure you copy this script to the main folder again. Both Scranshafts recently added script and my script are the same because they are both based on my original mod but what I have done is made it so that the script runs from my skin folder.

You are missing the script from the main app folder so Scranshaft recently added fails to display. But when you load my mod the script gets run from my skin folder and when you switch back to scranshafts it says running so it works. You can find the script in my skin folder in the folder names scripts.

The same sort of thing is happening with the fonts. Because Scranshaft has had to do a lot of work to change the fonts it is inevitable that some will get missed leaving the old font tags because my mod is based on the original fonts these font tags get loaded into memory making Scranshafts missing fonts now display.

Hope this helps.
Yeah it helped, thanks Smile
but now I get a weird overlapping image error. When I now press the up button to show the recent movies/episodes, there appears a "second" bar and the "old bar" overlaps and kind of cuts out the upper areas of the thumbnails... sounds weird, looks exactly as weird Wink
Try4Ce Wrote:Yeah it helped, thanks Smile
but now I get a weird overlapping image error. When I now press the up button to show the recent movies/episodes, there appears a "second" bar and the "old bar" overlaps and kind of cuts out the upper areas of the thumbnails... sounds weird, looks exactly as weird Wink

I guess you're referring to the RSS feed bar when you say "old bar". I'll have to add in an animation to hide the feed bar when showing the Recently Added bar.
This is great! Thanks so much...!

A few bug reports I haven't seen mentioned since the recent update:

* Music library mode seems to be hardcoded into the home navigation (and because of this, the submenu always popped up). I prefer files mode for music and have no library. Turning off the submenu in settings didn't fix this because the link from the home menu seemed to always want to take you to the library, so the submenu would always pop up to find out which part of the library you wanted. I edited home.xml to take me to files mode, but this doesn't help people that have libraries, or would like to switch back and forth through the settings menu....

* The new info view for music while it's playing is cool, but the more technical OSD (forgive me, I can't recall the names for these actual windows) is blank. The little black bar drops down, but all the text about codec info, etc is either blank or invisible. Again, I haven't dug into the code for this dialogue yet either.

* The Xbox 16:9 textures are out of sync (I have only just installed this mod, so I can't speak on when they last worked). I realize this is not your target platform and you didn't make the file, but it might be worth pulling it from the first post.... But I also wasn't clear on what exactly it fixed, and looking at things for a while I haven't noticed anything behaving badly on my Xbox in 16:9 mode. Is there something in particular I should be looking out for? The "New" unwatched overlay seems to be laying fine on movies, but I haven't tested all the new TV views yet.

@Bram77: You're right, the fonts got way smaller on a 480 Xbox. I went into fonts.xml and bumped everything Liberation Sans up by 2 pts and now it all looks good. Could probably use some more sensitive tweaks, but this is a quick and dirty fix to make it at least usable while you look for sizes that need a more nuanced adjustment.
Rad_ Wrote:I edited home.xml to take me to files mode, but this doesn't help people that have libraries....

Could you share with me what you edited? I much prefer files mode to library in music/films
Thanks in advance Wink
cifa Wrote:Could you share with me what you edited? I much prefer files mode to library in music/films
Thanks in advance Wink

720p > Home.xml

Line 488 currently reads:

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(3010)</onclick>

Change it to:

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicFiles)</onclick>

Though, again, this would be better handled by having duplicate Music items with different <visible> conditions, but if you're just in need of a quick, hacky fix the above will work.

Edited to add: Sorry, I see you're also wanting to do this for films. While a similar change would work for movies, it's probably easier for you to add "Videos" to the home screen since that's expressly for files mode. You can toggle the visibility of Movies/TV Shows/Videos on the home menu through the "skin settings" menu.
@Sranshaft

Fantastic skin - my XBOX has been given a new lease of media centre life. Fine work my friend. Thank you!

Is it me or is the RSS feed broken? I can't get it working on Windows/XBOX and its driving me a little nuts! It is enabled btw.
I am running r24542 9.11 - Alpha2 & r24368 XBMC on the XBOX.
Incidentally the RSS feed is working fine on Rapier/Rapier Qualar Mod - but i prefer your colour style.
I am using your new version as per post 182.
Cheers Rad.
That'll be useful for future reference too
cifa Wrote:@Sranshaft

Fantastic skin - my XBOX has been given a new lease of media centre life. Fine work my friend. Thank you!

Is it me or is the RSS feed broken? I can't get it working on Windows/XBOX and its driving me a little nuts! It is enabled btw.
I am running r24542 9.11 - Alpha2 & r24368 XBMC on the XBOX.
Incidentally the RSS feed is working fine on Rapier/Rapier Qualar Mod - but i prefer your colour style.
I am using your new version as per post 182.

It's most likely a missing font tag or text color tag. I'll have to look at it, Haven't really noticed it because I don't use the RSS feed. I'll get back to you with a solution.
qualar Wrote:I can explain why that is happening. Scranshafts MOD expects to find the recently added code to be in the main XBMC application folder. The problem with this is that when you upgrade XBMC you need to make sure you copy this script to the main folder again. Both Scranshafts recently added script and my script are the same because they are both based on my original mod but what I have done is made it so that the script runs from my skin folder.

You are missing the script from the main app folder so Scranshaft recently added fails to display. But when you load my mod the script gets run from my skin folder and when you switch back to scranshafts it says running so it works. You can find the script in my skin folder in the folder names scripts.

The same sort of thing is happening with the fonts. Because Scranshaft has had to do a lot of work to change the fonts it is inevitable that some will get missed leaving the old font tags because my mod is based on the original fonts these font tags get loaded into memory making Scranshafts missing fonts now display.

Hope this helps.

Worked for me, thank you!
Just a bit of an update:

BUGS:

@ Submenus don't close when selected (FIXED!)
@ RSS Feed bar overlaps Recently Added bar (FIXED!)
@ RSS Feed text does not appear (FIXED!)
@ Codec Bar text does not appear (FIXED!)
@ 'Hi!' Dialog appears when selecting Movies (FIXED!)
@ Profile Select screen text does not appear (FIXED!)

THINGS ADDED:

+ Added dark themes tp all color themes (DONE!)
+ Added Green, pink, red, and purple color themes (DONE!)
Sranshaft Wrote:Just a bit of an update:

BUGS:

@ Submenus don't close when selected (FIXED!)
@ RSS Feed bar overlaps Recently Added bar (FIXED!)
@ RSS Feed text does not appear (FIXED!)
@ Codec Bar text does not appear (FIXED!)
@ 'Hi!' Dialog appears when selecting Movies (FIXED!)
@ Profile Select screen text does not appear (FIXED!)

THINGS ADDED:

+ Added dark themes tp all color themes (DONE!)
+ Added Green, pink, red, and purple color themes (DONE!)
Cool, thanks. What link should we be using to get the latest release?
jsahlen Wrote:Cool, thanks. What link should we be using to get the latest release?

It's not out yet. Just keeping everyone updated. If there's any other bugs that need my attention let me know. New update set for the end of the week.
Sranshaft Wrote:It's not out yet. Just keeping everyone updated. If there's any other bugs that need my attention let me know. New update set for the end of the week.
Ah, sorry. Haven't been following the thread very closely. Looking forward to it Smile
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] New Episode Info List and Wide List for Episodes2