Awesome skin - questions about doing a mod
Hi,

Thank you very much for this skin, it is really awesome.

I am new to XBMC and after looking for a skin, after trying all of them i could find and settling on the standard one, you came and release this great piece of work.

Thank you very much.

However i would like to add a new view, something like the minimedia Exhibit view for the pictures.

I am quite new to skining and it seems i am unable to add even the item menu on the top bar so that i can choose the new view from it. Can you provide me with any pointer or clue about how to do this.

What i did was: 1) add the new view in the myPics.xml (below ListView).
2) add to ViewsCommon the skeleton of the new view and assigned to it an id that was not in use (65).

However after i do this i cannot see the new view listed when i enter the pictures "folder" from the main menu.

Thank you very much
You also need to add a button pointing to the view in the custom_ViewMode.xml file and an <include> in the MyPics.xml file.
did you add the new id to the views entry at the top of MyPics.xml ?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi,

I looked at the suggested places and got my menu item to be displayed, however as soon as i click on it instead of going to my new mostly empty view it goes to the Icon view.

Does any way have a slight idea of what might be happening?

Cheers,
Diego
dgnzgnz Wrote:Hi,

I looked at the suggested places and got my menu item to be displayed, however as soon as i click on it instead of going to my new mostly empty view it goes to the Icon view.

Does any way have a slight idea of what might be happening?

Cheers,
Diego

most likely the code in your new view is invalid.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
If you can upload the view's xml to PasteBin we might be able to help you more.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Awesome skin - questions about doing a mod0