Using xTV intro video
Exclamation 
I am sorry if this is a repost, but everywhere I find the intro video, it only has the .avi video. Can anyone please post the other files that can go along with this or a fix? thanks!
I had no problem finding the video, but now I want to know how do we use it in XBMC?

I'd like to learn how, and I'm assuming it should be fairly simple.

HyperSpin looks cool when it starts its intro video, and I think it would be a nice option for XBMC users to be able to have a quick intro video load before the home screen is displayed.

Anyone have any info/tips on how to do this?

Thank you
Shuey Wrote:I had no problem finding the video, but now I want to know how do we use it in XBMC?

I'd like to learn how, and I'm assuming it should be fairly simple.

HyperSpin looks cool when it starts its intro video, and I think it would be a nice option for XBMC users to be able to have a quick intro video load before the home screen is displayed.

Anyone have any info/tips on how to do this?

Thank you

Step 1. Download xTV SAF
Step 2. Place your .avi file in the extras directory of the xTV SAF skin
Step 3. Go to 'General' settings under 'Skin' settings
Step 4. Select 'Use intro video'
Step 5. Now that the menu item below 'Use intro video' is no longer ghosted, click menu item and select location of your .avi file

Done.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Thanks for the reply! Is this only possible with xTV? I'd like to be able to use an intro video no matter which skin I'm using.

*update/edit*: I don't have a "use intro video" in the general settings under skin settings....
Shuey Wrote:Thanks for the reply! Is this only possible with xTV? I'd like to be able to use an intro video no matter which skin I'm using.

*update/edit*: I don't have a "use intro video" in the general settings under skin settings....

Shuey,

Only available under my skin mod "xTV SAF". If you do a forum search on "xTV SAF" you will see my announcement thread for this skin mod as the first item. Download link is shown on the first posting of this thread. This is basically xTV with a few little mods.

Otherwise do a search on "xTV Intro" and read the various threads on what you need to do to add this to you favourite skin.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Thanks Wyrm, but now I'm even more confused :S... I AM using xTV SAF.
Shuey Wrote:Thanks Wyrm, but now I'm even more confused :S... I AM using xTV SAF.

Shuey,

Setting location is :- from home menu , System/skin settings/startup. Is 1st entry in the menu. If You are not using the latest version (0.82), wait about a day or so and version 0.85 will be available.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Doh! I can't believe I didn't see it!

Thanks for plummin' me up man Big Grin.

New version of xTV SAF!?!! Cool, thanks for continuing to develop this awesome skin man! Smile

Side Note: The fact that you are able to make a skin that has this option makes me think that it's probably not TOO hard to modify ANY skin to make it have this option.... *wonders*
Shuey Wrote:Doh! I can't believe I didn't see it!

Thanks for plummin' me up man Big Grin.

New version of xTV SAF!?!! Cool, thanks for continuing to develop this awesome skin man! Smile

Side Note: The fact that you are able to make a skin that has this option makes me think that it's probably not TOO hard to modify ANY skin to make it have this option.... *wonders*

Shuey,

Your welcome, I love the simplicity of the original skin, I just thought it needed a little sprucing up. I was going to call the mod xTV LOP (lick of paint) but thought that was disrespectful of Chi3F and crew. Have well and truly been bitten by the skinning bug.

'not TOO hard to modify ANY skin' , No not at all, was one of the easiest mods to add to the skin. I think the reason it has not been added to other skins is that it does not fit into the style of most skins.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using xTV intro video0