[Live] Mounting local harddrive and external USB harddrive
Hi,

I am using XBMC live on my Asrock 330. Installing XBMC to the harddrive is not an option, as I for different reasons need to run Windows 7.

Is there a way to mount the local harddrive and an external USB harddrive in XBMC live? I have no problem connecting to drives on other PCs via the network, but I really need to use local drives to be able to run 1080p content without buffering/stuttering.

Rgs,
ErikX
USB drives, just plug and play. Didn't you try ?

Localdrives i.e eSata IDE and SATA needs to be mounted by an admin, and the script that automaticly does this is off by default. Change the grub menu.lst to automount something, it should be explained in wiki how to do it.

Cheers,
Tobias.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
topfs2 Wrote:USB drives, just plug and play. Didn't you try ?

Localdrives i.e eSata IDE and SATA needs to be mounted by an admin, and the script that automaticly does this is off by default. Change the grub menu.lst to automount something, it should be explained in wiki how to do it.

Cheers,
Tobias.

Thank you Tobias! Good to hear that USB is plug-and-play! No, I haven't tried, as I do not currently have a USB disk. I just ordered a 1TB USB disk, which I will recieve in a couple of days.

Will try to remove the "nodiskmount" token from menu.lst.

Again, thanx and cheers! :-)
Have you been able to fix it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Mounting local harddrive and external USB harddrive0