Seperate TV and Videos?
Big Grin 
Hey Everyone!!!

First I want to thank Ronie for this AWESOME skin and anyone else that was involved in making it!!! Truely a job well done!

Since I setup this skin (v2.01) on XBMC (pre-9.10 r23393) I have had a couple of challenges. The two issues I'm having I can't seem to find an answer for in the forums or in the wiki. If my skills at googling or searching here aren't as pro as you please forgive my fat fingers. hehe j/k. Seriously though, my issues are as follows:

1) I currently added two video sources D:\DVDs and T:\TV Shows. I set the content for the "DVD" share as Movies and the "TV Shows" as TV Shows. When I view my "Videos" from the main menu it defaults to the "Title" view and I can see all my DVDs perfectly. When I go to "TV Shows" from the main menu I see all my TV Shows perfectly as well. However, if I go back to the main screen and choose "Videos" it shows my TV Shows again. Is this working by design and if so can I change it so the two are seperated from each other? IE. I only see DVDs when choosing "Videos" and I only see TV shows when selecting "TV Shows" from the menu.

2) For some reason, it seems my TV scraper is grabing content from my music source. What is strange is that my music source isn't listed any where else except for the "Music" section. Now whenever I load XBMC it automatically scans my M:\ share and adds a couple of my music artists as TV Shows. For example, I have a music folder M:\Pitbull, when I load XBMC it is added to my TV Shows as "Pitbull", showing 0 Episodes and "Action and Adventure / Drama" series. I can't figure out for the life of me why it is adding content from my music source? Any ideas?

If you need any more information please feel free to let me know. Thanks so much in advance!!!! Cool
Videos is your holy grail of all Video Media, sounds to me like you need to enable the Movies option in the Skin to give you a link directly to that source.

Go to Settings -- Skin Settings -- Home Screen -- Remove the toption to hide the Movies catagory.

When you go to you home screen now you should have Videos, TV Shows & Movies.

As for your other issue I'm not really sure, so I shall leave that to the experts.
1) in addition to what maocul said, you can also have "Videos" always use file mode. it's in Skin Settings.

2) double check the content setting on the music folder. you could even try removing the music source and seeing if it still does it.
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
Thumbs Up 
Thanks maocul, that did the trick!! I totally missed that option in the menu before! flipped cracker, thanks for the suggestions as well, I was able to fix my music issue by disconnecting my network shares, remove the sources in XBMC and then cleaning up the databases. All is good now, thanks so much guys for the help!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seperate TV and Videos?0