PVR Addon Rapier skinning
Hello Scarfa and the other contributors

I already posted this earlier but the name of the thread is not right.

I'm using the latest svn tree pvr-testing for recording and watching tv.
There is not yet skinning around the pvr addon so would it be possible to integrate that in the Rapier skin?

I have done a little research and found out that there are only a few files missing in Rapier in comparing to the PM3.HD skin:

+DialogAddonBrowser.xml
+DialogAddonSettings.xml
+DialogBusy.xml
+DialogEPGProgInfo.xml
+DialogEpgScan.xml
+DialogFullScreenInfo.xml
+DialogRecordingInfo.xml
+DialogTVGroupManager.xml
+DialogTimerSettings.xml
+MyTV.xml
+VideoFullScreen.xml
+VideoOSDTVChannels.xml
+VideoOSDTVGuide.xml
+VideoOSDTVTeletext.xml

I'm not sure if these are all files and if these are the only files that are changed for the PVR addon.

Off Course it would be possible, but i'm sure not everyone is waiting for this so it will not have any priority.

Could i start to skin that small part myself are together with others?
Is there anyone willing to help?

I'm not a skinner at all so i also have no idea how to start. Any sugestions are welcome off course

With kind regards

William
Hey CobraDevil,

I haven't used this addon and I don't watch live TV so I hope you can find someone who does and can contribute to make this a reality. Of course I will try to help any way possible with skinning questions and what not.
I'd like to help out with this if possible.

I have a mythtv backend, but from what I've read you can only use the pvr-testing branch with VDR right now. Is this correct or can you add MythTV as well? If so I do have a working version of the PVR-Testing branch from the SVN and would be willing to look at the PMIII skin compared to Rapier.

Most of the forum threads I've found on this are kind of old, so any updates as far as what is supported would be great.
Yes currently you only have vdr addon, before xmas tvheadend addon will arrive (if there is no new delay). You have now the possibility to use pvr with stream (not fully implemented).
So the projet is in progress, but I don't know about a mythtv addon.
jeepcook Wrote:Yes currently you only have vdr addon, before xmas tvheadend addon will arrive (if there is no new delay). You have now the possibility to use pvr with stream (not fully implemented).
So the projet is in progress, but I don't know about a mythtv addon.

Thanks for the update. I had several classes in C++ when I went to college (CS Major), but I haven't coded in it in about 3 years. Maybe I'll start going through the PVR source and the current VDR plugin to see if I can help with getting these addons made.
robweber Wrote:Thanks for the update. I had several classes in C++ when I went to college (CS Major), but I haven't coded in it in about 3 years. Maybe I'll start going through the PVR source and the current VDR plugin to see if I can help with getting these addons made.

Great !! thank for your help !!
robweber Wrote:Thanks for the update. I had several classes in C++ when I went to college (CS Major), but I haven't coded in it in about 3 years. Maybe I'll start going through the PVR source and the current VDR plugin to see if I can help with getting these addons made.
Maybe you should try to contact blowfly, it seems he already started doing a mythtv addon:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=4...post419389
Thanks, I'll contact him and see what the status of his addon is so far.
An update for anyone still following this thread.

I never heard a reply from blowfly, so I've downloaded the pvr-testing branch from SVN and have begun looking through the PVR client stuff. I'm using the VDR client.h and client.cpp classes as a basis for creating a mythtv client. Right now I'm able to compile the new client, open xbmc, select the client, and set the backend IP, port, and database information. All other methods are returning the "not implemented" status code so it does pretty much nothing else at this point.

it is going to be slow going to get anything else done, I'm going through the cmyth library to figure out what I need to do to get info from the myth backend. I'll probably go the route blowfly mentioned in his post of using the cmyth library to get info from mythtv. If I can even get the recordings area done, I'll try to post what I've done to get some feedback/help with the rest.
robweber Wrote:An update for anyone still following this thread.

I never heard a reply from blowfly, so I've downloaded the pvr-testing branch from SVN and have begun looking through the PVR client stuff. I'm using the VDR client.h and client.cpp classes as a basis for creating a mythtv client. Right now I'm able to compile the new client, open xbmc, select the client, and set the backend IP, port, and database information. All other methods are returning the "not implemented" status code so it does pretty much nothing else at this point.

it is going to be slow going to get anything else done, I'm going through the cmyth library to figure out what I need to do to get info from the myth backend. I'll probably go the route blowfly mentioned in his post of using the cmyth library to get info from mythtv. If I can even get the recordings area done, I'll try to post what I've done to get some feedback/help with the rest.

Good news !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Addon Rapier skinning0