[LIVE] Dharma RC1 vdpau still does not work on 1080 files
Hi the, i previously did a post on BETA4-3 that the Live realese changed nvidia drivers. Now on RC1 it is still the same. I can't play anything that as 1080 content. I tried sevreal things with .asoudrc and XBMC still goes to X then restart . I know that nvidia drivers where updated but can't revert it. Is there a way or tutorial to make my LIVE install revert back to previous nvidia (like stable 9.11 rls) that worked fine for me ? And as for the XBMC iso compiler can u put on install the choice to choose between which driver to install for nvidia.

Thanks a million !!! XBMC rocks!
(my girlfriend now likes it)

Here is my log

http://pastebin.com/LZhPE7eB

Asus M3N78-VM (Geforce 8200)
1gig of ram AM2 X2 3800
Hi,

Have you made sure you have set 512mb for graphics in the bios? Also adding an extra gig of ram might help.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
You may want to check out my post as I believe xbmc live is based on ubuntu 10.10 and this should work.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85806

Worked for me with my Revo and pc with 8400gs card.

Craig
I'd be looking more to this error in the crash log:

ERROR: (VDPAU) Error: The system does not have enough resources to complete the requested operation at this time.(23) at VDPAU.cpp:903

So, maybe look to what harryzim stated.
Yeah ram is the issue but problem is that in the bios, i can not share more than 256megs. Howcome the previous version of nvidia drivers on stable live cd 9.11 did not required so much ram? In other words it worked perfect
There was an issue with the nvidia driver, which caused it to try and use too much system memory. If you only had 1Gb of ram then this would cause vdpau to fail. It has been fixed though in the latest nvidia driver - v260.19.21.

Don't have a livecd here to check, but it might still be using the buggy driver.

Can you confirm what version of nvidia driver is used on the livecd
I can't tell .. but i found this in my dmesg so is it really 195.36.24Huh

Code:
[ 8.411828] vgaarb: device changed decodes: PCI:0000:02:00.0,olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=none:owns=io+mem
[    8.412459] NVRM: loading NVIDIA UNIX x86 Kernel Module  195.36.24  Thu Apr 22 09:18:20 PDT 2010
OK now i got progress here i updated nvidia driver to 260.19.21 and vdpau works with 1080 but i got frame drops ... any 1 know how to fix this??
U must upgrade ur bios, Since ver 1310 it will let u to set 512MB of ram to video card.
http://support.asus.com/download/downloa...uage=en-us

And remember to set the minimum clock of cpu to 1.4GHz in the cpu freq scaler.
At 800MHz fsb is at low freq and memory bandwidth is capped and u will get low fps.
I suggest also to use a dual channel configuration to double the memory bandwidth it help with the min freq issue (with 1ch ram u could need to disable cpu freq scaling at all).

I got all this issue on my M3N78-EM.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Dharma RC1 vdpau still does not work on 1080 files0