Modify Home menu to launch an xbe
I'm close but haven't found the key piece I need as of yet.

I have modified my home.xml file to add another menu item. Following clues from other threads. Thanks to a post by skunkm0nkee I even have a custom background image.

The last piece I'm looking for it the correct XML statement to launch an xbe... specifically e:/debian/default.xbe (which will launch my MythTV frontend)

Right now I have

<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(1)</onclick>

which I stole from programs to test, just need the final piece of knowledge and I'll have what I want.

Great Skin BTW
never mind - I need sleep and shouldn't have answered. Huh
-stoli-
Just point your onclick directly to the location (and file) and it should launch as you want.

Here is one I tried ages ago and it worked -
xbmc.activatewindow(musiclibrary,D:\XBMC Test\14439\XBMC\UserData\playlists\music\Recently Played Songs.xsp)

There is some good reading here as well. http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Opening_Windows_and_Dialogs

Hope this helps. Smile
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Thanks for the assist and the link... that particular code did not work for an XBE though.

I did find what does work...
At first I thought maybe you needed a script to launch it, maybe I saw that somewhere looking for the solution: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...xbe+script

Then I had a look at the script and it seemed to me withing the script he used XBMC.RunXBE... I figured why not cut out the middleman (the script)

Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunXBE(E:\debian\default.xbe)</onclick>

That line worked so I'm in business now. The last item to make this perfect is to deal with the custom graphic. The left side is cut off by the menu. If anyone is already using a cool custom graphic for MythTV share the wealth - this is a minor detail though happy to have the new button working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modify Home menu to launch an xbe0