Fanart resized, cropped
sorry for my english ^^

ive discover that my fanart are cropped in library mode, but strangely, when i point to a movie "recently added" on home menu, the fanart appear...but no cropped, i can see it totally o_O.... is there an explanation ?

Fanart view..."cropped/resized"

Recently Added Home Menu View
i forgot to scale (instead of stretch) the recently added fanart.
i'll fix it in the next release.

thanx. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
^_^ you welcome :p

So, wich is the "normal view", because, i prefer to see my fanart totally, no "resized" :p
in the skin all fanart is scaled (or cropped as you call it).

just make sure all your fanart has a 16:9 resolution and you don't have to worry about anything. it will always fit completely on the screen that way.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I'm seeing this in the latest SVN again, is that expected? I try the same view in Confluence and the fanart is not cropped, I guess it scales it? I'm using a 1360x768 resolution.

Thanks, amazing skin btw.
xbmc17 Wrote:I'm seeing this in the latest SVN again, is that expected? I try the same view in Confluence and the fanart is not cropped, I guess it scales it? I'm using a 1360x768 resolution.

Thanks, amazing skin btw.

i'm running xbmc r32424 and see no issue.
the skin scales all fanart to 1280x720.

not sure what happens if you run @ 1360x768,
but my guess is it will be cropped at top and bottom.

Confluence will stretch the image to fit the screen,
which makes all fanart look ugly when you're not using a 720p or 1080p screen.
ronie Wrote:i'm running xbmc r32424 and see no issue.
the skin scales all fanart to 1280x720.

not sure what happens if you run @ 1360x768,
but my guess is it will be cropped at top and bottom.

Confluence will stretch the image to fit the screen,
which makes all fanart look ugly when you're not using a 720p or 1080p screen.

Hmm, so no solution to that then? Confluence makes the image look great, but I guess that's because I'm running 720p?
xbmc17 Wrote:Hmm, so no solution to that then? Confluence makes the image look great, but I guess that's because I'm running 720p?

yep.
ronie Wrote:yep.

I'm surprised his isn't a more common issue or maybe people just don't notice. Lots of LCDs don't do the standard 720p/1080p resolutions when output from a computer.
xbmc17 Wrote:I'm surprised his isn't a more common issue or maybe people just don't notice. Lots of LCDs don't do the standard 720p/1080p resolutions when output from a computer.

all skins are designed for 720p, some even 1080p.
most people will run xbmc on a dedicated mediacenter, connected to a HD/Full-HD screen.
ronie Wrote:all skins are designed for 720p, some even 1080p.
most people will run xbmc on a dedicated mediacenter, connected to a HD/Full-HD screen.

I am running this on a dedicated mediacenter (Revo 3610), connected to a Full-HD flat screen TV (Sharp 37" 720p/1080i). What I'm saying is many PCs do not output the standard 720p/1080p resolutions when coming from a computer, even if using an HDMI out. 1366x768 resolution is a very common native resolution for video cards, including the one in the Revo 3610, probably the most popular platform for XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart resized, cropped0