Custom ButtonScroller
Hey guys,
I'm trying to modify my own home screen, to get all the functions I want, but I've come up against a brick wall as far as my knowledge goes.
What I'm after is a buttonscroller - which I've managed by making a wraplist with static content.

Now though I'm wanting to expand upon it to give a button switch for extra functions, but I don't know how to, or if it's possible.

What I'm trying to achieve is something that would look similar to this
Code:
[Programs]
[Videos] > [Movies] > [TV Shows]
[Music] > [Audiobooks]
[Weather]

I know it's not very clear, but basically what I'm after is for the list to be the first on each line, and the ability to go left/right to the other options. As well I'd also like to have the weather change up or down when changing left/right on it's button.

I hope this description is clear enough, I'd really quite like to give it a try. Can anyone give me any pointers?

Cheers
You could do it (though without the wrapping) using a grouplist. Each item in the grouplist would be it's own group.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Cheers JM, you are, as always, a legend.

I'll have a play about with it and see what I can do. Might be outta my limited skillset, but worth a try.

I do have a couple of other things, don't wanna waste space on other threads for them.

1) How can I add the items I want to a list? I want to change the favourites list on the PM3 homescreen to give me scripts instead.

2) Is it possible to set specific image to be first in a multiimage control? I have fanart set on my homescreen, but there is a noticable delay (sometime up to 5 seconds) before the first image appears. I'd like to set the default image to appear first, then change to the randomised files (I'm relatively certain I can't do this but may as well try to make sure)

Cheers again
1. Not possible unless you are setting static content (i.e. you add the items yourself directly in the skin, similar to how the home buttons are done.)

2. Specify a fallback image perhaps? Not sure if this will work or not - it certainly drops back to the fallback in the case of the image not existing.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK. Shame those ideas don't work, but was worth considering, however briefly. I already have the fall-backs set, but it doesn't cover the start at all. I did consider a second image behind that would show the picture then disappear, but figure that's just unnecessary load for the sake of a few seconds.

I'm trying the first suggestion though, and understanding it better already. I have a couple of questions about it though.

Can I make it a fixed list? I have 7 items to show, but only 3 are meant to be on screen, with the middle one selected.
How can I make the image on top? Just now when I select the middle button, it gets drawn over by the control below it. I know there's a z*** control, but I can't remember it, and its not easy to find in the wiki when all you remember is the first letter.
Can I change the number of items shown? Again it would be for a fixed list, but to make a horizontal switch between the items. I know they could be false visibles with allowfocus on, but if theres a better way, I'd rather use it.

Sorry for being such a hassle

This is what I'm striving towards. I know it's not much, but it gives me the customisation I'd like, and I get to learn a bit more while I'm at it.
ScreenShot

Cheers
-Arkade

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom ButtonScroller0