Bluetooth Headphones (A2DP) in XBMC?
I want to use my bluetooth headphones to listen to xbmc. Anyone else doing this/know how this is done? I've paired the devices in the desktop (jaunty) but how do I get xbmc to output to it?

Please help.
I need TP for my bunghole
Blueman is up and running. I have the device connected via a2dp service. I change audio device to? bluetooth. Doesn't work.

Any ideas?

I just got a2dp working in xp using BlueSoleil. This seems much more confusing.

I see there are both pulseaudio and alsa bluetooth modules.Before I get stuck in and lose days of my life: am I really the only person who wants the ability to listen to xbmc audio over bluetooth a2dp?
If you have can stream music to them with normal apps then point XBMC to that audio sink, so check pulseaudio devices and such to see if you can find the reference for the A2DP headphone.

There is an application called padevchooser which you can get the correct device name from, after that you should be able to point XBMC to it in audio hardware.

Autodetection of these devices are on the list of todos but since we have planned a big audio revamp (MasterAudio branch) it's been put on the waiting list, it will come though Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Okay.

I don't quite know what I've done. But from a coldboot it currently loads, pairs and streams (YES!!) but ONLY navigation sounds (boo hoo hoo). When I press play on music and videos it fails to initialise audio device (double boo hoo hoo).

Of course I can provide a log, but since I've got navigation sounds, the rest can't be too far behind, can it?

Smile
Set A2DP device as default device in pulseaudio then it should work, if it's available through alsa then aplay -L or aplay -l should show it.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I didn't really understand that.

What I think I did was,
set up blueman,
create ~/.asoundrc and put this in it:

Quote:pcm.!default {
type bluetooth
device "00:11:67:80:00:0C"
}

Been playing around some more. I had audiodevice as bluetooth so I assumed that was the reason I could now hear navigation sounds. I put it back to plug:hdmi and the sound reverts to the tv. Except I can also still hear the navigation sounds on the headset. I've looked all through alsa and pulse but I can't see any devices that are obviously bluetooth and boy, have I tried lots of things out.

To be oh so near and oh so far. Smile
Hold your horses. I've got it. I'll be back with questions...
Okay. Tell me if this makes sense.

Using plug:hdmi and plug:bluetooth, I can have just hdmi or just bluetooth. I can switch from bluetooth to hdmi, but not vice versa (without a reboot).

I just tested that again and seems to be the case. So all I have to do to get bluetooth is change audiodevice to plug:bluetooth and reboot.

What with painting the conservatory, not a bad days work. Smile

Thanks topfs2.
Solved it with this:
Quote:pcm.bluetooth
{
type bluetooth
device "00:11:67:80:00:0C"
profile "auto"
}
im planning to do the same thing. exact same setup. is it now working for you? do you mind giving me a step by step guide on how you did it? Thanks
A guide might be hoping too much. I downgraded back to a working setup (see above)

It works fine though. Good luck.
Sad 
Hi,

I'm trying to set up my XBMC Camelot 9.11 on an ASRock ION330HT with my Sennheiser Bluetooth headset. I attached a BT USB dongle and I can see it and also the headphone:
Code:
xbmc@XIon:~$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0518:0001 EzKEY Corp. USB to PS2 Adaptor v1.09
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
xbmc@XIon:~$ hcitool dev
Devices:
        hci0    00:0A:94:aa:bb:cc
xbmc@XIon:~$ hcitool scan
Scanning ...
        00:1B:66:xx:yy:zz       Sennheiser PXC310BT
However me as an U*X noob can't get the devices paired.
The only hints I found how to do the pairing reference to an Ubuntu Desktop version Sad, but how can I do the pairing on the CLI?
Hm, as a result of my successless tries to get to a Desktop I installed GDM, but after done that the system comes up with the Desktop and a Login Screen, however when I log in XBMC starts automatically.
Exiting XBMC I end up at the login screen again, but no option to pair the devices. Sad

Thus I uninstalled GDM with the result that the Ubuntu boots up to a CLI login prompt. When logged in I have to start X first and from a bash I can start xbmc-standalone Sad

How can I revert back to the original autostart behavior of the XBMC installed from the live CD (in this case I used the xbmcfreak v14 version)?

PS: or is it easier to perform a fresh install from CD. Is it good enough to save my settings and files from the .xbmc folder?

PPS: I reinstalled xbmcfreak version 9.11.14 so I'm back at square one ...
I think I'm a step further.

[First I tried to use some ps3_pair.py python script which is frequently used to use a PS3 BT-Remote.
This script found and registered my Sennheiser headset, however it didn't bonded it (I think "bonding" is a better term than "pairing" in English speaking groups?).
So this was a dead end.]

The major step was to find that I need to install gnome core only which doesn't screws my autologin and autostart.

E.g. exit XBMC. Log in to your CLI.

sudo apt-get install gnome-core
startx

Now I could search for my BT A2DP device and bond and trust it.

I created a similar ~./asoundrc file as above, however I still can't get it visible in the alsamixer nor can I send sound to it

xbox@XIon:~$ aplay -D SennheiserPXC310BT -f s16_le /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav
ALSA lib pcm.c:2171Sadsnd_pcm_open_conf) Cannot open shared library /usr/lib/alsa-lib/libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so
aplay: main:608: audio open error: No such file or directory
i have bluetooth audio running fine on my setup.well i have installed ubuntu 9.10 with xbmc and a sitecom bt dongle and motorola bluetooth headset.well ubuntu automatically activates dongle and through bt applet on dock i select to add a new device.Then i switch on headset and applet finds them.after that i go to preferences and select a2dp.and thats it
i can use headset for everything on my system including xbmc
thx mushroom. I suspect you're coming from an Ubuntu Desktop version running XBMC on top of it, whilst I'm coming from the XBMC-Live-CD version (xbmcfreak 9.11.14 in particular)?

However searching for the .so mentioned in the error message and alerted by some other threads I tried to install

Code:
sudo apt-get install bluez-utils

and HEY! another step taken :-) I now can hear the sound via BT:

Headset turned off:

Code:
xbox@XIon:~$ aplay -D SennheiserPXC310BT -f s16_le /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav
ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1607:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
aplay: main:608: audio open error: Input/output error

HS turned on Smile

Code:
Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Mono

However I'm still struggling to redirect the sounds via the Desktop or from the XBMC running to the BT devices?!?
None of the devices I find in the profile list sends the sound to the headset.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluetooth Headphones (A2DP) in XBMC?0