writing music plugin - issue with visualization and thumbnail
I am writing a plugin for the music site dishant.com. I am able to scrape the site and build the song ist and play them.

Here are the issues I am running into:

The first issue:

As I scrape the songs and the rtmp url, I am adding them to display and at the same time building the playlist. The first will start playing immediately (For ex: Album ABC has 10 songs. When the album is selected, I would like to play the first song, and build the playlist for all the 10 songs). Here is the code I am using to fetch the infoimage

Code:
g_thumbnail = xbmc.getInfoImage( "ListItem.Thumb" )
item.setThumbnailImage(g_thumbnail)

However it doesnt work. I believe the problem is that when I click on the album page the list item refers to the album and not the individual song

The same code works, if I build the song items and play them one by one using the play button.

Any ideas how I can build the infoimage apriori and assign them to the individual items?

The second issue I have is - when the music starts playing, I am not able to see the visualization even if I activate it. Any ideas as to what I need to do to start playing visualization when the music starts?

I tried using the musicoverlay.xml by xbmc.activatewindow(12903) but still no use.

Thanks
-M
I believe DVDPlayer is playing the music if it is coming from an rtmp source, so no visualization. You could go to trac and make a feature request for paplayer to support rtmp, or for dvdplayer to support visualization. Or make 2 requests!

The way you're setting thumbnails for the individual items seems strange to me as I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish exactly.

Why not set the thumbnail to the url of them image scraped from the site directly, instead of trying to extract it from something else and then adding it?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:I believe DVDPlayer is playing the music if it is coming from an rtmp source, so no visualization. You could go to trac and make a feature request for paplayer to support rtmp, or for dvdplayer to support visualization. Or make 2 requests!

The way you're setting thumbnails for the individual items seems strange to me as I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish exactly.

Why not set the thumbnail to the url of them image scraped from the site directly, instead of trying to extract it from something else and then adding it?

Thanks for the response.
You are right about the dvdplayer. I am using the dvdplayer to play the rtmp source. At one time, I had the visualization working in the current window with XBC.ActivateWindow but it doesnt work anymore. Not sure how it was working. I will add the feature request. One other information point is that the dvdplayer tries to open both video and audio streams as it is mp4. However it errors out on video and plays audio. Could that be the reason why it doesnt play visualization?

For thumbnails - initially I was setting the thumbimage to the url. However, it doesn't show up in the info screen or overlay. The only way it works is by using getInfoImage and selecting the song item. I have checked the skins to make sure they are using ListItem.Thumb as the variable. Summary is if the Listitem.Thumb refers to the url - it doesnt show up where as if it refers to a local image (by using the getInfoImage) then it shows up.

Thanks for the help...
-M
you can try using thumbmail cache?

xbmc is making cache for each picture he shows so if the picture have been displayed, the thumb cache of image exist, just have to find the name it has by using crc of the path.

no?
ppic Wrote:you can try using thumbmail cache?

xbmc is making cache for each picture he shows so if the picture have been displayed, the thumb cache of image exist, just have to find the name it has by using crc of the path.

no?

I think the images exist in the cache. Do you know how I can retrieve the individual image from the cache? Can I retrieve it based on the original url path for the thumbnail image?

Thanks
M
yes you can, see the lib file_item.py in my plugin, should be able to help you Wink
created a new feature request.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7339

Thanks rwparris2

-M

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
writing music plugin - issue with visualization and thumbnail0