AppleTV video_ts plays back double speed or with garbled audio
When playing a video_ts folder it plays back with normal speed but garbled audio if I have digital audio output selected but with analog audio selected it plays double speed with no audio. With digital audio selected the audio is fine if I turn on my tuner and mute the TV but through the TV speakers it is garbled. Not really sure where to start on troubleshooting. All other video types I've tried play just fine but VIDEO_TS copies are a lot less work then encoding DVD's into video files. Should I just try wiping everything off the drive and reinstalling to see what happens? This is streaming off of a samba share if that makes a difference.
scamp Wrote:When playing a video_ts folder it plays back with normal speed but garbled audio if I have digital audio output selected but with analog audio selected it plays double speed with no audio. With digital audio selected the audio is fine if I turn on my tuner and mute the TV but through the TV speakers it is garbled. Not really sure where to start on troubleshooting. All other video types I've tried play just fine but VIDEO_TS copies are a lot less work then encoding DVD's into video files. Should I just try wiping everything off the drive and reinstalling to see what happens? This is streaming off of a samba share if that makes a difference.

versions or xbmc.log please. can't help without that info.
think the problem is actually a monoprice hdmi switcher I am using after further investigation. Wiping out the preference file cleared up the speed issue but the audio problem remains but only when output to one of the two tv's on the switchbox. I'll remove the switchbox and see what happens to the audio before looking at xbmc as the potential cause. Since adding the 4x2 hdmi switch i've also had issues with the appletv providing audio but no video after having the tv turned off for a while so the switchbox seems the more likely cause of the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV video_ts plays back double speed or with garbled audio0