movie title vs. scraper issue?
new user to XBMC, and loving it.

currently running X48 chipset, E6400, 4Gig DDR3, ATI 4550 and Vista 64-bit out to my Onkyo 705.

But I don't think any of that has anything to do with my problem.

I have a little over 100 MKV files in subfolders and all but 2 are scraping and giving me posters and fanart.

Why those 2? I have no idea and can find no issue with their IMDB or file naming.

Title #1- Taken, 2008. Comes up as "Requiem for a Dream." Scraper grabs title, cast, plot, etc. all for Requiem.

Title #2- Fighting, 2008. Comes up as "Easy Virute." Fanart, etc. all for wrong title.

I have tried removing from Library, but I usually use CoverFlow with Movie Posters so that didn't change anything.

What setting in the right-click for the title am I missing?

Really going crazy on why these two titles are the only bugger...

Much thanks for all help: really loving the program and I want to fix this. Wink
i recently started using Ember Media Manager, and now it's me who control the fanart and movie titles, not xbmc.

have you tried?
not yet, still using zero plugins so I guess I should start with Ember? Or maybe I misunderstand...
Ya the way the movies are titled in IMDB it can cause some issues.

Have you tried Taken.2008? If it doesnt work like that you will be better off with Ember. If you have a windows pc I would use it. For some of my movies that didn't crap right it helped. Just make sure you have everything in the folder correct.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59281

Make sure you "clean library" after you have made any changes to them too.
thx, running scraper in Ember now.

I use subfolders named for the Torrent, so renamind the folder can cause hassle with Torrent.

Ember seems much more flexible, and I will wait to see how it feed XBMC.

Odd just those two. Thanks for the pointers!

I like Ember's power, but use "export file to separate folders" didn't get any info to XBMC.

The function for XBMC in the upper right corner is grey'd out?
Ya that didnt work for me , but all the files ember output I just put in the same location as my movies.
No help without a full debug log, everything else are just wild guesses.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
will get that together...I see the dialogue to ADD the XBMC server info I just need to find the port # reference.

Does Ember require network IP or is there some other way?
In XBMC just do a refresh on the movie and then go to maunal. Then put in tt0936501 for Taken and tt1082601 for Fighting. These are the imdb numbers for the films.
with Ember putting the right images in the folder, and some Manual "Edit Title" work I got them both working (Fighting and Taken).

I had "show Delete and Edit" turned Off (hard to change things right?) and "Scan Recursively" On which made all the Sample clips show up too.

I thought, for no good reason whatsoever, that Ember would force all my selections onto XBMC, when all I saw it do was put the images I chose into the right spot for me to go choose.

Looking good with Fanart, got my titles pulling the right info, and I will dig further into some other refinements as I go.

Newb thanks to all!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie title vs. scraper issue?0