Adding new Videos menu
Hey,

Ive recently stumbled across XBMC and integrated it with my HD HomeRun and it's working awesomely! What I'd like to do is add another Menu to Redux's Media Stream Mod to be Live TV.

At the moment Ive convinced it that the strm files are movies and hence Im just using movies for this but that wont work when I eventually bring movies in too. Im using the TV Shows so I don't wanna use this one...

Would this be a hard task? Ive read about people changing "Comics" sections to other sections but as far as Ive seen there isnt any such section in this Mod... And id prefer to stay with it... as it works really well!

Any help would be awesome! Cheers
Its pretty easy really all you need to do is make a new link in the home menu edit home.xml in the 720p dir and make a direct link to your hdhomerun share using activatewindow command on it. Somthing like this
ActivateWindow(VideoFiles,HDHomerunShareName) then clicking on it will take you directly to that list
Hey
Thanks for that, there seems to be two spots in the xml where this might go,
one is within: <control type="grouplist" id="9010">

So I could add something like:
Code:
<control type="button" id="90107">
                        <include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
                        <label>20344</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,HDHomeRunShare)</onclick>
                    </control>

Where are those labels defined, they don't seem to be in the strings.xml ...
And would i define the HDHomeRunShare somewhere previous to this? Or perhaps just enter a string to the path?

The other spot is within: <content>
and do something like:
Code:
<item id="11">
                        <label>20343</label>
                        <label2>31000</label2>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,HDHomeRunShare,return)</onclick>
                                                <visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowsButton) + Library.HasContent(TVShows)</visible>
                    </item>

Apologies if this is obvious!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding new Videos menu0