Opaque box for subtitles
Hello, is there any way how to enable opaque box for subtitles? I couldn't find it anywhere neither in XBMC or forum.
/BUMP

I just discovered the ability to do this in Media Player Classic Home Cinema and I'd love to see this in XBMC as well, because it would make the subtitles show up in a more "natural" way for me, more like closed captioning. This is more than just a style preference though, it would also help with videos that have backgrounds that make seeing the text difficult!

--bornainpenguin
/bump to show still interested.
I believe the colour/font/size/style of the sub text is alterable in settings... the position is also editable, and with Eden, the letter boxed video position is alterable... pushing up the video for a lot of sub room with a black background. There are also fonts that offer a solid colour background (squares) under the letters.. search out custom fonts. At this time there is no options for a select sub solid colour background of the fonts.

There is a forum for feature requests though... http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=9
I'm fairly sure this is possible in ffmpeg, so there might be a way to do this. Need to go and have a look at the src.
Building on PatK's post with custom fonts, is there a good font to fake closed captioning? If we can't get true opaque boxing, is there a font that provides its text in white lettering over black background?

Also to PatK---I simply did a search for what I was looking to do and found this thread already created. I try not to make a new thread if there is already one open.

--bornagainpenguin
Bumping this to see if anyone has noticed a way to do this since we last discussed it?
stop bumping it... please

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Opaque box for subtitles0