DivX/XviD Upscaling?
I have XBMC running on my Apple TV to stream content from my DroboShare(xvid and divx content).

Is there a way I can upscale the content streamed to 720 or 1080? I have a 1080p Sharp TV and it plays XBOX 360 games in 1080p, so I know my TV supports it. . .is there a way to improve the image quality on my content so I don't have to re-rip the stuff and lose HDD space.

TIA
Four20 Wrote:I have XBMC running on my Apple TV to stream content from my DroboShare(xvid and divx content).

Is there a way I can upscale the content streamed to 720 or 1080? I have a 1080p Sharp TV and it plays XBOX 360 games in 1080p, so I know my TV supports it. . .is there a way to improve the image quality on my content so I don't have to re-rip the stuff and lose HDD space.

TIA

GPU will automatically upscale any video content size to display size. You can try software upscaling Smile Personally, I think they just offer a different type of distortion at the expense of CPU load.

Low quality video content is ... low quality.
So when I go into the video settings and see the upscaling options, I should leave them alone(since it does it all for me)?

It's not poor quality, I mean it's standard 700-1400MB per movie, which is the video quality of a DVD.

I've just been hearing so much about DVD players like the PS3 upscaling DVDs to make the video look MUCH better. I thought XBMC would do the same since I saw those video options.

Any thoughts on streaming HD content from a DroboShare to an AppleTV with XBMC? I tested a 10GB movie and it would stutter when streaming to the AppleTV(both are on ethernet), but when I tested it and played it from the DroboShare to my Laptop(which is on wireless), it would play in VLC without any stuttering at all.

I thought this was an issue with the DroboShare, but if I can do it on the laptop(which is wireless), why not the AppleTV(which is ethernet).

Thanks again
Four20 Wrote:It's not poor quality, I mean it's standard 700-1400MB per movie, which is the video quality of a DVD.
That's not DVD quality, thats a DVD RIP which will not be quite as good a quality as a proper DVD, especially if its in a codec based on MPEG-4 ASP.

Four20 Wrote:Any thoughts on streaming HD content from a DroboShare to an AppleTV with XBMC? I tested a 10GB movie and it would stutter when streaming to the AppleTV(both are on ethernet), but when I tested it and played it from the DroboShare to my Laptop(which is on wireless), it would play in VLC without any stuttering at all.
So a 10GB movie sounds like 720p or above (Please post a Mediainfo output for the file). Your AppleTV can't handle that without hardware assistence.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DivX/XviD Upscaling?0