Enable Movies and TVShows?
This is dump question, but I'm looking at moving away from MediaPortal to xbmc, but I'm still a little confused on how to set some things up with xbmc.

This likely very basic, yet I can't seem to find the answer.... (digging through the wiki right now)

How do include/enable the Movies and TVShows in your menu items? I hoping these are both similar to the MediaPortal Plugins, but only testing will find out.

I know with MediaPortal, the TV shows lists the varies fanart and catagories a TVShow by:

Name
--Season
----Episode

I'm thinking/hoping the xbmc does something similar?

EDIT:

I figured out how to add them to the main menu. Now I'm struggling a little with the Folder/File Struture to show my TVShows. I'm hoping I don't need to go and rename and reorganize all my files.
Is this what your looking for?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows_%28...Library%29
Add video source
-Set Content Type to TV or Movies (it will auto default to appropriate DB)
-Select "Run automatic scan"

When you add the source, it will pull the show or movie information from thetvdb or themoviedb and update your library.

You can navigate into your recently added movie & TV source to make sure everything has information (right-click-->TV Show Information). Generally if it has a thumbnail in list view it has found the info. I usually leave off the "automatic thumbnail creation" in video options so I can find errant filenames, etc.

Anyways, once you have your media with proper information (90-95% of my media collection was automatically added) click on "Library Mode' in the video module to make all your sources seamless and be able to navigate all your TV/Movies easily.

I was working with MP for a while but I will never go back after the ease of setup for XBMC. I haven't used it since 2003 but it is better now than ever.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enable Movies and TVShows?0