Global Now Playing Info & Viz Backdrop, Home Backdrop Video,Now Playing Video on home
Hi All

My first mod for Aeon (Aeon Stark), a really stunning Skin. I was playing around with the skin to while trying to put some features that I wanted. Hope some of you like it or find it useful. Some screenshots below:

The background in the screenshot above is actually visualization for the currently playing music. The viz disappears for any item that has fan art / is a picture, and will re-appear when an item with no fan art is selected.

Not easily noticeable because its a screenshot, but the "image" in the top right corner of the above screenshot is actually video (the currently playing video).

Functionally, I know the mini-video on top of the full screen video-thing is useless. I really like the way it looks though.

Only one prob with the now playing info, they also appear in the list view, and are not suitable for that view (gets blocked).

To install, copy the xml files in the zip file to the 720p folder. Also copy the png files into the media folder. The png files are from the MediaStreamMod skin, so I hope if they dont mind me including these in my submission here.

Ignore the text files in the zip file unless you are an expert and want to only insert the specific code, useful if you have other mods in your skin that you dont want to lose (this is for experts only; if ur not an expert and are desperate to go this route look for help on other pages on this forum).

Any suggestions/changes are welcomed, either u can let me know in this thread and I'll try to make changes, or u can change it and re-post urself, i have no probs with that.

By the way, just have to say, XBMC is the best HTPC out there, hats off to the developers and the community. This is so highly competitive and way better than the likes of the commercial stuff out there. Keep it up!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mnmhnd2aojm

Really hope some of u like it (please post on this thread if u like it / any feedback, thanks...)
Thumbs Up 
I do like the mini-video on the home screen, I always thought it was a bit odd just having the currently playing music there but not the movie/tv show. Not sure about the full-screen background - one or the other I'd say - but as you mention, its a matter of taste! I'll be adding that to my own Aeon home-brew. Thanks! Wink

EDIT: Heres my take on your mini-video. I hope you don't mind me changing it a bit....I added a bit of screen reflection and worked it so the scrollbar etc. only appears on pause - similar to the main movie OSD. I also removed the director/genre part, as I thought it distracted a bit from the movie title. I really like it! Thanks again for the idea :-)

and

EDIT: Hey snowdrift, that looks fantastic.. I dont think I could have done any better than that. The reflection bit looks great! I'm also interested in ur version, could u please post it or put a download link? thanks..
These both look great. Any chance of you posting your version snowdrift so I can compare it?
Exclamation 
Thanks for that guys!

OK, this is going to be a bit tricky to explain and, as I've got a home-modded Auriga, I'm going to have to go down the "experienced modder" route of just posting up bits of code and a few instructions of how/where to include it and let interested parties do a bit of legwork to get it going. My sincere apologies for that, but pasting up my xml files would most likely break other peoples working installations. And I'd rather not do that.

Note that this only applies to Includes_Furniture.xml and only gives you the mini-video on the home screen. The other stuff in renjiths mod is as it was.

All the required (I hope...) bits of code and images along with an explanatory .txt file can be downloaded here. The best way of doing this is to:

[1] Download renjiths original mod and follow the instructions in the Includes_Furniture.txt file EXCEPT the first section about inserting code into <include name="Furniture_HomeNowPlayingObjects">

[2] Attempt to follow the instructions in the readme.txt in my zipfile Blush

Again, sorry thats a bit complicated, but I'll try and help where I can. All credit to renjith here for the awesome original idea Cool

EDIT: BTW, You may notice I've changed it a bit more to include the "pause", "rewinding" and "fast forwarding" buttons....more like the OSD :p

and

Thanks for uploading that snowdrift. It looks great. I didn't see the pause & play icons in your pack though. Would you mind thowing those in there?

Thanks again for the great addition guys!
ekim232 Wrote:Thanks for uploading that snowdrift. It looks great. I didn't see the pause & play icons in your pack though. Would you mind thowing those in there?

Thanks again for the great addition guys!

You mean the ones on the right of the TV screen? I deliberately didn't include those (or the xml to control them) as that would break renjiths mod. However, I'm happy to chuck them in for you if you're up for more xml hacking - which, judging by your updates to Hitchers mod, you are! :p

I've now added the png's and some extra instructions to the readme.txt in step 4 (which is optional if others don't want it as it will involve changing more of renjiths code). You can just re-download the zipfile from the previous post. Hope thats OK.
Thanks for posting, snowdrift, looks really nice on my box..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Global Now Playing Info & Viz Backdrop, Home Backdrop Video,Now Playing Video on home0