Help with event ghost/remote control
I'm having a real problem getting a remote control to work, and I would really appreciate if someone could offer any advice. I've never set up a remote with xbmc before, but I have read all the guides. I'll detail exactly what I have done, and perhaps I am missing something...again, any help GREATLY appreciated;

I have purchased a HP ir reciever, which I have read other people have used.;

http://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Receiver-...B000Z7XJME

The receiver is plug and play, and seemed to install just fine.

The remote control I want to use is a One-For-All remote.

I have installed event-ghost, and obviously xbmc.

Within event-ghost I have enabled the xbmc plugin and also the MCE remote plugin.

I am not using a microsoft remote control, I want to get it working with my One-For-All Remote control which we use for everything else.

So next, within event ghost I have created a new macro under MCE remote. I have clicked on the LEARN button, and pressed STOP on my One-For-All remote. A string of text appears in the LEARN box, so I then click OK. I then drag this new macro over to the correct control within the XBMC plugin....so in this example over to the STOP button.

I leave event ghost running and load up XBMC. Star a movie playing, pressing the stop button on my remote....nothing. Tried getting event-ghost to learn lots of buttons and dragging them over to the relevant section of the XBMC plugin, but none of them work.

I have done the following testing to try and narrow the problem down;

I have gone into eventghost (whilst XBMC is running) and gone into the XBMC plugin, and clicked simulate....and it does work (i.e issues a command to xbmc). So the connection between XBMC and Eventghost does seem to be working.

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it....for all I know I might be totally missing something.

Many Thanks.

P.S. I have not included logs as I feel the problem is either with eventghost, or with me totally getting to concept wrong as to how this should work!
I had this problem too when I reinstalled xbmc from scratch after configuring Eventghost. I'm using an X10 remote, but the problem sounds very similar: Eventghost recognized all the x10 actions, but they did not trigger any xbmc commands, allthough I had dragged these actions to the correct controls in the xbmc plugin.

The problem was solved by uninstalling the x10 plugin in eventghost, restarting eventghost and then re-installing the x10 plugin. Everything worked again. So maybe you could try to do the same with the mce remote plugin?

Pietro
I'll give it a go, thank you.
I had a similar issue with my MCE remote. Reinstalling eventghost did the trick.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with event ghost/remote control0