xTV-SAF is a 'Front Row' like skin for XBMC. It provides a number of updated features not available in the original AppleTV interface and builds on CHI3f's xTV skin to include new features of XBMC Eden. All this in a simple, Spouse Acceptable form (Factor) that is easy for kids and adults to find what they are looking for.
Skin now available thru the XBMC Eden repo(1.2.2) and Main XBMC Frodo repo (1.3.4) , skin wiki page is located here.
Google Code - xTV-SAF v1.2.0 XBox (Xbox only version of the skin)
To install on xbmc4xbox, unzip the contents of the zip file into the skin directory.
Development version of skin is available on the Passion Repo (Frodo and on only). See this post by ppic (thank you for adding the skin to the repo) for details on how to add the repo to your repo list. Once you have the repo installed on your system, navigate to the passion repo and then navigate to skin addons thru the settings/addons menu. Skin is listed as xTV-SAF (SVN). Hint this is the very latest version of the skin (skin updated each night at 2am French time), so there may be a few bugs but generally pretty stable.
Old builds that may be of use if you are running a very old copy of XBMC
Builds on my Google code page (0.95 to present) A direct link to my download page on google code
Skin Change Log
- Recoded Horizontal home menu to fix issue with losing focus.
- Allow user to select type of shelf icon(s) in horizontal home menu.
- Reworked horizontal home shelf icons to match our fruity friends a little more closely.
- Added support for Lyrics script.
- Added 4K flag image to support flagging of 4K videos.
- Added support for changing 3D mode in video OSD.
- Added support for weather provider icons.
- Added support for Next Aired TV Show script.
- Added support for MCE pvr dialogs.
- Added support for v4.0.0 of TV Tunes script, now plays theme in video info screen and plays movie themes.
- Added support to horizontal home menu screen for a custom watermark image in the lower right corner of screen.
- Reworked custom video info extras dialog, all extra options have been moved to this dialog and
strings updated to better describe each options action.
- Improvements to navigation between controls in a number of dialogs
- Four new languages, including Chinese, Dutch, Hungarian and Malay
- A number of image files have been updated and optimised.
- Numerous bugfixes and code optimisations.
- Major refactor of Video OSD.
- Layout change for weather forecast screen.
- Cleanup a number of skin image files, in particular OSD buttons have had a major going over.
- Fix issues with movie/TV Show logos not overriding Show title in a number of video views and Info screen.
- Added support for phil65's libraryeditor script to video info screen.
- Added another five custom home favourites under the Addons menu.
- Remove a number of redundant strings from skin.
- Code cleanups and optimisations in particular with the busy dialog to reduce skin load on low speced systems.
- And as always numerous minor bug fixes.
- Better, Faster, Smaller, Stronger (sounds like a Daft Punk song)
- Now supports the following languages English, Galician, German, Greek, Polish and Russian
- Changes to a number of views (increasing information displayed while maintaining readabilty)
- Expanded the number of option for the quit button on the home screen
- Power menu is now a text menu instead of icons, number of option have increased on this menu
- Major optimisations to the skin code means the skin is now noticably quicker (particualy on slower machines)
- Removal of redundant code and images has resulted in a large reduction in the skins footprint on the system.
- And a number of bug fixes including :-
- Fix for incomplete Russian translation.
- Fix seek slider issue with Fullscreenvideo and Music visualisation.
- Fix for heading icons still appearing when horizontal home menu selected.
- Yet another fix for the Horizontal home menu titles getting out of sync with submenus (now fixed for certain, honestly!)
1.3.0 - 0.7.0 Ancient history see change log for details
A VERY large thank you to all that have helped with the skin. Also a big thanks to CHI3f for the original xTV skin.