• 32(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
wyrm,

i often have trouble with the Passion repo and the SVN skin. If i make an update for xTV(SVN), i get either an incomplete skin (buttons only) or a black screen which terminates XBMC after a while and returns to frontrow of the ATV2.

If i then restart XBMC, i get the Confluence skin. In all cases i recognized that there were errors in the file structure. Currently the PAL folders are missing...Sad

Do you think that this is a ATV related problem ?

Greetings
angryjack
Apple-TV2 with JB 4.2.1, XBMC Eden with Quartz skin
angryjack Wrote:wyrm,

i often have trouble with the Passion repo and the SVN skin. If i make an update for xTV(SVN), i get either an incomplete skin (buttons only) or a black screen which terminates XBMC after a while and returns to frontrow of the ATV2.

If i then restart XBMC, i get the Confluence skin. In all cases i recognized that there were errors in the file structure. Currently the PAL folders are missing...Sad

Do you think that this is a ATV related problem ?

Greetings
angryjack
angryjack,

Sorry Passion guys have not got back to me to say they have fixed the issue listed a few posts back. Current Passion builds are missing pal and pal16x9 directories due to a directory rename I made a few builds ago.

Solution at this stage is to go into the packages subdirectory of addons and find an earlier xTV-SAF build. Open the zip file and grab the pal and pal16x9 directories and copy to the current xTV-SAF directory in addons.

This will fix the problem for the moment and hopefully either Passion problem will resolve itself (will advise when this happens) or heaven forbid I will resolve the favourites issue that is delaying the formal release of v1.1.1

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
Hey all, it's been a long time since I've checked in here, but I just recently got around to jailbreaking one of my Apple TV 2G's and installing XBMC on that and now I'm in love with XBMC again. Next step is to "dumb down" the UI to make it elegant and simple again, so my first thought was to check this thread to see what the latest update on xTV-SAF was. I did a quick search but wasn't entirely sure, so I figured I'd post a reply to get the official word: Does this skin work well with the Apple TV 2G? Thanks!
Scott R Wrote:Hey all, it's been a long time since I've checked in here, but I just recently got around to jailbreaking one of my Apple TV 2G's and installing XBMC on that and now I'm in love with XBMC again. Next step is to "dumb down" the UI to make it elegant and simple again, so my first thought was to check this thread to see what the latest update on xTV-SAF was. I did a quick search but wasn't entirely sure, so I figured I'd post a reply to get the official word: Does this skin work well with the Apple TV 2G? Thanks!
Scott R,

Current version(v1.1.0) runs OK, New version (Now that I have sorted a major problem is in a day or so) runs great. Watch for announcement post for new version(v.1.1.1).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Thanks. Yeah, after posting my last reply, I tried installing from the zip file in the original post, but got an error of some sort. So then I followed the instructions for installing the Passion repo, and installing through that, but I then ran into the problem with the missing "PAL" directories. So I then manually copied those over from the zip file I had originally downloaded. That got things working, but I quickly ran into the problem of not being able to exit out of the System menu. So I'm guessing that the version I was playing with was v1.1.0.

One thing I noticed in my brief time of playing with it was that I didn't see any Add-On's under the Movies or TV Shows menus. Does v1.1.1 support Video Add-On's?

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like post #453 explains how to add add-ons.
Scott R Wrote:Thanks. Yeah, after posting my last reply, I tried installing from the zip file in the original post, but got an error of some sort. So then I followed the instructions for installing the Passion repo, and installing through that, but I then ran into the problem with the missing "PAL" directories. So I then manually copied those over from the zip file I had originally downloaded. That got things working, but I quickly ran into the problem of not being able to exit out of the System menu. So I'm guessing that the version I was playing with was v1.1.0.

One thing I noticed in my brief time of playing with it was that I didn't see any Add-On's under the Movies or TV Shows menus. Does v1.1.1 support Video Add-On's?

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like post #453 explains how to add add-ons.
Scott R,

Yes, sorry up until I made the change to the pal and pal16x9 directories and broke the Passion form of the skin, this was the best way to get the skin. At this stage I still have not heard back from the Passion guys about fixing things, so for the moment this is broken.

Now for the good news. Pretty sure I have fixed the last 'Show stopper' bug (view-as showing when it was not meant to). Just checking that fix is OK and then will package up the skin. So fingers crossed, by the weekend v1.1.1 be out (watch the first post of this thread).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

BTW, your issue with not being able to exit system menu is because the Pal directory should be called pal (and like wise for Pal16x9). From AppleTV 10.0-8 and on the case of the directories changed, so change the case of the directories should fix this problem.

wyrm Wrote:BTW, your issue with not being able to exit system menu is because the Pal directory should be called pal (and like wise for Pal16x9). From AppleTV 10.0-8 and on the case of the directories changed, so change the case of the directories should fix this problem.
Ah, thanks! That sounds familiar, as I think I came across mention of that when searching through this thread, but must have forgotten it when troubleshooting. Sorry for clogging up the thread with Q&A's that were already addressed earlier. Looking forward to playing with the new version.
I read the first post and just wanted to be sure. I have the release 10.1, do I need to check out the latest version in SVN to use this? Thanks.
I just tried this and it looks nothing like the screen shots... am I missing something? Sad
Jamhandman Wrote:I just tried this and it looks nothing like the screen shots... am I missing something? Sad
Jamhandman,

Passion Repo broken (as detailed a page or two back). Zip file will be available in a day or two for V1.1.1 otherwise use zip file for V1.1.0 from first page of this thread.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

It seems i cannot install this fantastic skin on my iPad for some reason. I tried both the 1.1.0 version aswell the 1.0.2a (xbox only) version, but the first one gives me a "Dependencies not met" error message, while the latter results in a "Add-on does not have the correct structure" popup error. What am i doing wrong ? All i did is put the .zip files on my ipad, then tried to install them as add-ons. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
same with me.. who can help?
vmsferreira Wrote:same with me.. who can help?
elpocholo7 and vmsferreira,

wait I can. A little info before I release the next version of the skin so you have no problems.

iOS XBMC 10.0-7 equals Dharma (sort of)
iOS XBMC 10.0-8 and on equals Eden (again sort of), also is the non stable branch of XBMC for the moment. So a LOT of things are not compatible or out right broken as far as addons go.

Due to the above, I will release three (3) forms of the skin as a zip file. Xbox, Dharma and Eden. For the AppleTV you will need either the Dharma or Eden zip file (don't bother even trying the XBox form, guaranteed not to work), see above for which zip you require.

Because of a number of script breakages I will be pulling support for a number of things from this release in the Eden version, but they probably will return in a later version.

So what do you need to do before I release.

1. Go find out what version of XBMC you are currently running on your iOS device, this will tell you which zip to download.
2. Learn to copy the downloaded zip file across to your iOS device. Install from zip requires the zip file to be local to the best of my knowledge.
3. Learn to install skins and scripts with "install from zip" feature of XBMC. Skin is not available from main XBMC repo and Passion repo is broken for my skin at the moment.

Also after I release V1.1.1, my svn will move to the Eden form of the skin, as I can not and will not support three(3) different forms of the skin (I'm mad to support two(2) as it is).

Learn how to do the things above and you will probably be ready to install the skin at about the time I make the release announcement. Now I'm off to start packaging up and uploading the various zip file.

Wyrm (xTV)

I just checked and i have latest available build installed 10.0-9, so i guess i'll have to install Eden .zip file. Thanks a lot for your effort wyrm!
Thankss wyrm, I'm using the last version: 10-0-9

Regards

VF
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3