• 35(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
Yep there's definately either a little bug on the xbox version or I'm missing something in the xbmc4xbox settings. I tried to add a link on the homepage for the youtube plugin (from the skin settings menu) and I'm getting the same problem with that - no filenames appear, only directories show. Could anyone else have a go just to make sure it's not me being a complete numpty?!
whufclee Wrote:Yep there's definately either a little bug on the xbox version or I'm missing something in the xbmc4xbox settings. I tried to add a link on the homepage for the youtube plugin (from the skin settings menu) and I'm getting the same problem with that - no filenames appear, only directories show. Could anyone else have a go just to make sure it's not me being a complete numpty?!

I noticed the same problem. Still love the updates thought Smile
wyrm Wrote:Passion Repo broken (as detailed a page or two back). Zip file will be available in a day or two for V1.1.1 otherwise use zip file for V1.1.0 from first page of this thread.

Is this still supposed to be the case? I ask because the XBMC keeps updating the theme to SVN 342 and that seems to be broken right now. Every attempt to install it (or stick with the previous non-broken version from the repos) results in the Confluence skin taking over instead. :/

Also about the 720 version that is being worked on--what does this mean for those of us with SDTVs?

--bornagainpenguin
bornagainpengui Wrote:Is this still supposed to be the case? I ask because the XBMC keeps updating the theme to SVN 342 and that seems to be broken right now. Every attempt to install it (or stick with the previous non-broken version from the repos) results in the Confluence skin taking over instead. :/

Also about the 720 version that is being worked on--what does this mean for those of us with SDTVs?

--bornagainpenguin
bornagainpengui,

Passion repo form of the skin is 1/ Broken for the moment and 2/ Out of date for the moment anyway. Install from the zip file as listed in the first post of this thread. Passion repo will probably come back online when I have sorted the move to 720p.

As to the move to 720p affecting SD users of the skin. You SHOULD see no real difference (layouts may change a little) as XBMC translates the screen layouts to the required resolution on the fly. What it means to me is that I code things once so that there are only one set of bugs not two. Also any changes to XBMC that break my skin will also break just about every other skin. Witness the change of case of the PAL and PAL16x9 directories that broken my skin (and the Passion repo form of my skin as a result). My skin is the last one that is coded for SD and not HD as is every other skin. Will also mean I can 'borrow' other peoples code from their skin without messing around so much. New features should come to the skin quicker as a result.

In short should be all good, with no downsides.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

BTW, to the people that are having issues with scripts and plugins on home menu (XBox mainly, but I have found a related issue on Eden build). I will fix this issue, but as I am part way thru moving to 720p, will code fix in 720p only (I'm not going to code the fix up twice and run the risk of having two different sets of bugs again). Remember Team xTV-SAF is a team of one, and the team is pretty busy supporting the skin versions we have at the moment.
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
That's great news, thanks for the update - looking forward to the 720p skin. I currently use the skin on 720p resolution (xbox) but find that the icon is a little too big when in the plugin section. I love the big fonts they are great but maybe the icon could be a bit smaller to give more room for the text? A prime example of this is if I want to watch a football game on "liveonlinefooty" you can't work out who's playing on each channel as the text is too long - you have to go to each link individually and wait for it to scroll. I hope this can be fixed in the new update, if not never mind -I'm sure I'll cope!
Thank you for the reply, wyrm, I appreciate it.

Downloading the latest linked at the first post now, hopefully this will fix my situation for me. As for the 720 resolution version, hopefully there will be no issues for those of us on SDTVs. I remember when the switch over from the Project Mayhem III skin to PM3HD came and it was not a good one because the skin became difficult to read for my parents on their TV. That was when I discovered xTV SAF though, so it worked out well for us.

I've been encouraging them to get a new TV so with any luck it'll all be worked out quickly. That will be the excuse I need to get them upgraded to a better XBMC computer too, hopefully...

--bornagainpenguin
someoverlaping text if i use libary mode, without scanned item

play using.. panel postion

i have to press right on visualization icon to see setting icon on fullscreen osd

i cant chose path to script
wierd thing with cd case
some file dont swhow cd case on list view but cd case appear if i switch to wrap view
Lipo,

I'm right in the middle of the move to 720p, so I'm not going to play the stomp the bug game just yet. That said I have no idea which dialog is used to display the "play with" dialog you are seeing. I need you to produce a debug log of a session where you bring up the "play with" dialog. Please make sure you get in, bring up the dialog and then get out. This hopefully should show me which dialog I need to look at to fix this problem.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

wyrm Wrote:I'm right in the middle of the move to 720p, so I'm not going to play the stomp the bug game just yet.

ROTFLMAO! I guess now is not the time to tell you that in the skin linked to the first page, when clicking on youtube on the home page I get routed to a listing of my video files, not youtube...

Minor loss, I explained to my Dad it wasn't working just yet and removed it from the home screen. Would be nice to have it back again though, once you get done with the 720 conversion process.

Thanks again for what you've done with this skin!

--bornagainpenguin
bornagainpengui Wrote:ROTFLMAO! I guess now is not the time to tell you that in the skin linked to the first page, when clicking on youtube on the home page I get routed to a listing of my video files, not youtube...

Minor loss, I explained to my Dad it wasn't working just yet and removed it from the home screen. Would be nice to have it back again though, once you get done with the 720 conversion process.

Thanks again for what you've done with this skin!

--bornagainpenguin
bornagainpengui,

I take it that you told the skin which addon to use for YouTube (you are using XBMC not XBMC4Xbox ?). I'm not sure if I did it for this addon, but I now check to make sure that a addon is specified before showing on the home menu (old behaviour was to just check if you toggled "display on home screen" button).

Work progresses on 720p, but have hit a minor speed bump with scaling of some icons. Will upload to my googlecode page (and thus to Passion Repo) when I have finished the move to 720p. Then can start on bug stomping based on users helpful bug reports (hint, would be nice to see something from someone other than Lipo).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Ooh so you want a list of bugs do you? Well you asked for it...

(XBMC4XBOX)
When in the plugin section it's not possible to see the whole description text, it takes a while for it to scroll across the screen. The large fonts are great but think something could be done with resizing the icons so text fits better.

As you know the custom/youtube links don't work - can't click on a default.py file as it doesn't show in the navigation. This is also the case for the subtitles and Lyrics scripts.

Other than that to be fair I can't think of a lot more, but do have some feature requests:

Any way of making List2 the default view? It's great as you can read a description about each item.

When you lock the side view (very handy I find for the old folk!) it makes it impossible to view a slideshow and impossible to get out of library mode. Any chance these features could be implemented in the context menu somehow?

It would be great to be able to add custom plugin buttons to the homepage, similar to youtube. I'd like to be able to add an "update system" button on there, or maybe this could be added into the settings menu similar to another skin I've seen (may have been slik). It simply loads up the SVN Installer (not SVN Repo Installer) when you click on it. I know I can simply add it to favourites which is fine but would like to keep that just for media plugins.

Finally, would it be possible to add "Videos" to the homepage? At the moment you can only have Movies or TV Shows but I'd like the option of videos just to make it simpler for the end users.

Anyway that's about all I can think of now! Great work, and good luck with the 720.
wyrm Wrote:bornagainpengui,

I take it that you told the skin which addon to use for YouTube (you are using XBMC not XBMC4Xbox ?). I'm not sure if I did it for this addon, but I now check to make sure that a addon is specified before showing on the home menu (old behaviour was to just check if you toggled "display on home screen" button).

Yeah, I made sure I specified which plugin to use in the options. That would be XBMC 10.0 Dharma, for Windows.

wyrm Wrote:Then can start on bug stomping based on users helpful bug reports (hint, would be nice to see something from someone other than Lipo).

How about this, I'll comment when something doesn't work--deal? Of course since I've been using this skin almost immediately since the Windows (and Linux) ports were started my silence on things should speak volumes...(hint: I think it works pretty darn good!)

--bornagainpenguin
bornagainpengui Wrote:Yeah, I made sure I specified which plugin to use in the options. That would be XBMC 10.0 Dharma, for Windows.
Is that 10.0 or 10.1? I was not planning to do a update to the Dharma build as all of my development is occurring on the Eden branch (and there have been a LOT of changes in that branch). Could you check to see if you are using the Eden form of the skin as that maybe what the problem is. I will check again to make sure that there is no problem with my local copy of the Dharma build and post a patch if I find a problem.
Quote:How about this, I'll comment when something doesn't work--deal? Of course since I've been using this skin almost immediately since the Windows (and Linux) ports were started my silence on things should speak volumes...(hint: I think it works pretty darn good!)

--bornagainpenguin
Deal, it was just I was seeing a LOT of silly little problems while working on v1.1.1 that NO ONE reported. The only conclusion I can drawn from that is nobody was using that part of the skin (unlikely as the 1000+ people that were using the skin from the passion repo would suggest that at least three or four people should have seen the problems). Or the other conclusion is that just about everyone is prepared to put up with the bugs (and so why am I wasting my time and hair fixing problems?)

<smallrant>
Really, the skin is finished as far as my family is concerned (although the wife has commented that she is finds some of the recent changes useful). What I'm doing at the moment is my payback for the XBMC devs. I can't code in C++, but I can work on a skin, so this is my contribution.

If people can't contribute to the XBMC project with code, they can always contribute with positive feedback. Yes the software is free, but there is an implied cost of help from you to make it better. </smallrant>

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Just found one more small, well fairly big problem (depending on whether or not you use the library for TV shows!). In the XBMC4Xbox version, scanning content for Movies is great however for TV Shows there doesn't appear to be an option to allow recursive scanning. I have my tv shows setup like this:

<Show>/<Season>/<Name>

As it doesn't seem to scan recursively I only get the show name information and not any episodes.

Cheers.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3