• 7(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
heeey thanks so much for doing this, just modding my 3rd xbox, didn't want to abandon xTV (which we have run for 3 years so everyone is pretty familiar with) but it was getting dated and buggy.. so this is exactly what we needed, thank you so much!

edit: oh i have one suggestion - something i've been doing to xtv for a while is making all the list areas wider, so more text fits on the screen. there is plenty (too much) padding to the left and right where this can go.

this is in CommonViewTypes.xml in the first block name="ListView" (this is the only view i really use)

<posx>370</posx> //was 405
<posy>90</posy>
<width>335</width> //was 285

then you have to edit a few <width> to make the highlight bar fit etc. e.g.
<width>293</width> //was 253
and a few other places.
so i'll do this with xtv_saf later and report back, i don't expect it'll be much different to xtv?
Thanks, this is great! There is just one small issue I'm having:
I stream my movies from an SMB share and occasionally when the network's busy it needs to buffer for a few seconds. When it starts buffering the OSD shows (probably since the video has paused), but when the video starts playing again the OSD doesn't go away and I can't seem to find a way to remove it from my apple remote.
Smiff Wrote:heeey thanks so much for doing this, just modding my 3rd xbox, didn't want to abandon xTV (which we have run for 3 years so everyone is pretty familiar with) but it was getting dated and buggy.. so this is exactly what we needed, thank you so much!

edit: oh i have one suggestion - something i've been doing to xtv for a while is making all the list areas wider, so more text fits on the screen. there is plenty (too much) padding to the left and right where this can go.

this is in CommonViewTypes.xml in the first block name="ListView" (this is the only view i really use)

<posx>370</posx> //was 405
<posy>90</posy>
<width>335</width> //was 285

then you have to edit a few <width> to make the highlight bar fit etc. e.g.
<width>293</width> //was 253
and a few other places.
so i'll do this with xtv_saf later and report back, i don't expect it'll be much different to xtv?

Smiff,

You don't say if you are using SD or Widescreen, there is a CommonViewTypes.xml for both. Will not make it for the next release, but I will be looking at all of the views with a mind to fine tuning sizing, placement and hopefully a couple of new view types. Remember though, that I need to allow room for scrollbars etc, that may not be showing all of the time.

Also this does not affect "Listview" as it remains in CommonViewTypes.xml, but as from v0.90 most of the view type have been moved into their own .xml files. From v0.90 you will be able to turn off unused view types (and save a bit of memory) and it makes my job a little easier when editing view types.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
johanwastaken Wrote:Thanks, this is great! There is just one small issue I'm having:
I stream my movies from an SMB share and occasionally when the network's busy it needs to buffer for a few seconds. When it starts buffering the OSD shows (probably since the video has paused), but when the video starts playing again the OSD doesn't go away and I can't seem to find a way to remove it from my apple remote.

johanwastaken,

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!, Bugger I thought I had this fixed. Will look at it (again) and see if I can't finally fix the @$&! thing.

Meanwhile could you try the following things and let me know what helps:
  • Hit Play/Pause a couple of times and see if that helps.
  • Not sure how you do this using an AppleTV, but try the 'info' button. This seemed to fix the problem on our xbox the last time I encountered it.
  • Use your scroll buttons to move the focus to the 'Play' button on the OSD.
Hopefully one of these will fix the problem (for the time being) and I will see if I can pin down what's wrong with my visible condition.

Must remember to hide the mouse when I am testing the skin. I'm developing the skin on a WinBlowsChunks XP box and keep forgetting that I should not move the focus with the mouse when testing. Really must bring a couple of Beta testers on board, Oh and a graphic designer, and a ... Think I might be wearing one or two too many hats here Rofl.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Do you want VideoOSD.xml to always show...even when paused, FF, etc. When I just took a peek nothing from dialogseekbar.xml was showing, only VideoOSD.xml. I deleted VideoOSD.xml to be sure and when I did, everything was blank....
mcborzu Wrote:Do you want VideoOSD.xml to always show...even when paused, FF, etc. When I just took a peek nothing from dialogseekbar.xml was showing, only VideoOSD.xml. I deleted VideoOSD.xml to be sure and when I did, everything was blank....

mcborzu,

Thanks dude, yes I wanted it showing when Paused, FastForward(Reverse) ,when messing with DVD menu and when the on screen settings are being adjusted. I'm sure it's related to what I did with dialogseekbar.xml (not sure why I chose to do things that way). Will go find a cat to kick and then have a really GOOD look at it when I get a chance.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

wyrm Wrote:johanwastaken,

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!, Bugger I thought I had this fixed. Will look at it (again) and see if I can't finally fix the @$&! thing.

Meanwhile could you try the following things and let me know what helps:
  • Hit Play/Pause a couple of times and see if that helps.
  • Not sure how you do this using an AppleTV, but try the 'info' button. This seemed to fix the problem on our xbox the last time I encountered it.
  • Use your scroll buttons to move the focus to the 'Play' button on the OSD.
Hopefully one of these will fix the problem (for the time being) and I will see if I can pin down what's wrong with my visible condition.

Must remember to hide the mouse when I am testing the skin. I'm developing the skin on a WinBlowsChunks XP box and keep forgetting that I should not move the focus with the mouse when testing. Really must bring a couple of Beta testers on board, Oh and a graphic designer, and a ... Think I might be wearing one or two too many hats here Rofl.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Thank you! I tried those things and found a solution for the time being, pressing OSD does make it go away (once the video has started playing again).

I couldn't use the scroll buttons to navigate the OSD - they did what they do when the movie is playing (up & down changes the volume and left/right reverses and fast forwards), but this could just be down to the fact that XBMC doesn't recognize this as "OSD" mode in the keymaps file or whatever.

Play pause a few times doesn't seem to work, but I will have to give it a shot once I have the Crystal HD card (probably tomorrow) - only HD content needs buffering and since the poor aTv struggles badly with those files, it takes quite a few seconds for the pause button to even be recognized.

But anyway, pressing OSD solves this for the time being but if you figure out why the OSD shows (non-focused) when the video's buffering, I'd be really happy for a fix. Big Grin
I just tried the latest version. I'm having the same sort of problem with the OSD. It comes up whenever I press play/pause, which I guess isn't necessarily a bad thing. But when I press play/pause again to get the movie started again, the OSD stays on the screen. I'd like for it to automatically disappear. Definitely a major hassle to have to do a two-step process whenever pausing a movie (a frequent need). I have to press play/pause to get it going again and then press the to get it to start again and then press the Menu button to get the OSD to disappear.

Also, have you thought of adding the ability to exit XBMC? Right now I'm running XBMC on an Acer AspireRevo with XBMC Live. The "Dashboard" option doesn't seem to do anything. I'm thinking that it might make sense to replace the "Dashboard" function with an "Exit XBMC" function.
wyrm Wrote:Smiff,

You don't say if you are using SD or Widescreen, there is a CommonViewTypes.xml for both. Will not make it for the next release, but I will be looking at all of the views with a mind to fine tuning sizing, placement and hopefully a couple of new view types. Remember though, that I need to allow room for scrollbars etc, that may not be showing all of the time.

Also this does not affect "Listview" as it remains in CommonViewTypes.xml, but as from v0.90 most of the view type have been moved into their own .xml files. From v0.90 you will be able to turn off unused view types (and save a bit of memory) and it makes my job a little easier when editing view types.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

This TV is 4:3 but actually i find the list view too narrow with both aspects, so I always make the filename space wider. Also, I don't see the point of such a huge icon when most of the time it's just a placeholder picture anyway! But there is lots more space for filenames even without working out how to shrink the icon area.

Good to hear about the option to disable unused view types, everything to save memory on the xbox is good! thanks (does removing a chunk of xml really save a significant amount of RAM though?)

When i've had a chance to make my listview edit look good, i'll post my .xml edits back here.
@wyrm

Don't mean to jump into your skin or anything but I thought that pausebar problem seemed interesting....And who doesn't like a little help Smile

Anyways, I think I got it to work...atleast from what I guess you're trying to accomplish...Here is a .zip
of what I changed.

Mostly I just changed:
Deleted the <visible> tag from VideoOSD.xml
The copied from <controls> to </controls> from VideoOSD.xml and copied that over <controls> to </controls> on Dialogseekbar.xml
mcborzu, I tried out your mod. That results in no OSD showing up at all. Not even when you want it to. Sad
Huh, it behave here normally...
press 'enter' the OSD shows
press 'p' the pausebar shows

Except the pausebar is showing, when you select pause from the OSD, though a " + !Window.IsActive(VideoOSD)" would take of that...but I thought general functionality was workingHuh
mcborzu Wrote:Huh, it behave here normally...
press 'enter' the OSD shows
press 'p' the pausebar shows

Except the pausebar is showing, when you select pause from the OSD, though a " + !Window.IsActive(VideoOSD)" would take of that...but I thought general functionality was workingHuh

mcborzu,

Yep I had a look last night, and I'm pretty sure it's the "Window.IsActive(VideoOSD)" that I left in the code when I moved stuff from DialogSeekbar.xml to VideoOSD.xml . I will check out your code later and see if your code is better than the solution that I have come up with.

Will send some modified code over to my beta testers, and see if they can't break it for me. At any rate will be fixed for release 0.90, but will probably post a replacement VideoOSD.xml in the next couple of days.

Thanks for looking over my shoulder mcborzu, always happy to see different solutions to skinning problems. You just have to look at some of my earlier releases to see how far things have progressed. Onwards and upwards.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Hi Guys,

Just got back from my surgery to be greeted by the 'Site out due to lightning strike' message. Uncool, especially the fact that we have lost all the messages from just before I posted the new update of the skin.

I will try to recreate the announcement posting, but may be a little hard as my 48 hour stay in hospital turned into a stay of a week and a half.

Currently I'm full of pain killers, so I would be hard pressed to find my arse with both hands and a GPS unit, but I will do my best. PLEASE let me know if I make a fist of things and I will try to fix things.

Don't worry I will be working on v0.95 of the skin in the next week or so, just not at the moment as the skin might end up looking like the GUI from Win ME.

BTW, if you have posted any bug reports or feature requests from after the 10th of February, could you please repost to help me remember what I need to look at for v0.95

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

Wyrm,

Hope you feel better soon

Thanks for keeping the updates going to this excellent skin...

-d
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3