• 71(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
mista335,

Just made a push to my googlecode page for a bug fix and to add one more line to video list view (now have 8 lines on screen). Will appear on Passion repo tomorrow morning.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2014-01-18, 13:56)wyrm Wrote:
(2014-01-18, 05:50)capfuturo Wrote: Hello wyrm,

1) You posted on thread Skin Updates for TvTunes 4.0.X that the skin updates to support new TvTunes 4.0.x have been made on SVN. Did you push to XBMC 12.x repo? I am testing XBMC 12.3 with your skin and I can see xTV SAF still carries the old hooks for TvTunes. There is no TvTunes button to get theme for movies in solo mode and other new features. As it is, it provides the same old support for tv shows only.
capfuturo, no not currently in main repo as I am still waiting on language files to be updated. Plan is to wait until the middle of the week and then make a pull request regardless of language files status (no doubt the first thing I will hear right after is why such and such a language is missing translated strings). Look at the first post of this thread for location of development builds (Passion repo) if you would like to see what the final release will look like.
Quote:2) Would it be possible for you to include the skin modifications to support new VideoExtras add-on?

Thanks!
At this very late stage, no not in the 1.3.4 release. Video Info screen could certainly do with some love, so will take a look at this after I get the 1.3.4 release into the main repo.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Thanks wyrm! Certainly look forward to trying implementation of VideoExtras (hopefully you grant it a dedicated button in the main Info pane). I just tested the new hooks in your development build with XBMC 12.3 and new TvTunes 4.3.1 performs flawlessly. Great work! I particularly like that you included the 'Theme downloader' button in 'more options' since it isn't a button that one would use with regularity after the themes fetching has been done.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
OK just a very quick update on the state of the skin.

I have made a push to the main repo and due to a super human effort on Ronie's part it was approved in about 5 hours (much, much faster than I expected), so version 1.3.4 is now available in the main repo. I will update the first post of this thread and the wiki with details of the new release over the next day or so when I get a chance, until then enjoy.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

Ok everyone,

First post of this thread now updated with new changelog and screenshots of the new version (1.3.4). At this stage I will make a start on the new version, but not entirely sure if there will be a new Frodo release or if I will make a jump straight to Gotham version of the skin.

At this stage new features will include reinstating the tilt icon setting (but in the views menu, not in the skin settings menus) and look at the video info screen for any cleanups and additions (maybe the Videoextras addon).

If anyone has any other things that they think need looking at, now is the time to bring the issues to my attention.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

On my rpi when i highlight movie, or tv, it doesn't show the images(thumbnails) at the top. It only shows the icon. Has this happened to anyone else?
(2014-02-01, 13:41)tinnyskillz Wrote: On my rpi when i highlight movie, or tv, it doesn't show the images(thumbnails) at the top. It only shows the icon. Has this happened to anyone else?
tinnyskillz,

Yes known problem. Basically the home screen is displayed before the information for the thumbnails has had a chance to be retrieved from the database, so the Icon is a place holder until data is pulled in. If you go into the Movie or TV menus and come back out you will probably see the correct thumbnails displayed, basically the system just need time to pull the info and you need to get the system to redraw the home menu screen. This happens in most other skins, other than the more system heavy skins (these skins come up after the details have been pulled in, so you don't see the problem).

I have a idea or two that might help the situation slightly, but I think its a problem that you will probably just have to put up with. Oh and BTW, problem not restricted to the Pi, it happens on my 3.2GHz i5 fairly regularly as well.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

What's this?

(2014-02-14, 05:26)wyrm Wrote: What's this?

nice,another variation of home menu to chose fromCool
Hi Guys,

I know it has been a while, but I have been busy getting the next update ready. I has been brought to my attention that the last formal release (1.3.4) was being supplied from the main XBMC repo without a Textures.xbt file (skin graphic files where left in their uncompressed form, so skin still worked).

So what does this mean? Well while the skin still works, apparently it would be running a bit slower than it should. Good news is that with the various changes I have made for 1.3.5 it is noticeably quicker on my system (even running the files in their uncompressed state), so the new update should be a lot quicker that the 1.3.4 release.

I am hoping to make a formal pull request to the repo maintainers in the next day or so. At this stage I am still waiting on a number of strings to be translated (waiting on German, Galician and Polish strings), but if I don't see any updates on the Transfix page in the next 24 hours, I will go with what I have.

At this stage this release will be the last one for Frodo as I am planning to change my dev system over to Gotham build of XBMC so that I can finish work on Gotham build of the skin. So fingers crossed, there should be a initial Gotham build of the skin (1.4.5) in the next couple of weeks.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

1.3.5 Release

Ok gang,

New release has been submitted to the XBMC repo and should now be available. Quick run down of new features includes :
  • New home menu type (Icon), now three home menu types to choose from.
  • Tilted icons now available again, setting accessed from "View-as" menu.
  • New languages, Swedish and French Canadian
  • Music info views recoded, now allow real time update of song ratings
  • And numerous code cleanups and optimisations

As mentioned previously, 1.3.4 did not have the skin textures compressed in a .xbt file, hopefully this has now been fixed for the new release. Upside of this and a number of the optimisations in this release is that the skin should be quicker than it was for 1.3.4.

Unless there is a MAJOR bug reported for 1.3.5, this is the last release of the skin for Frodo. Next release (hopefully in a week or two) will be for Gotham only. Now I'm off to install the latest beta of Gotham to finish changes to the skin for the next release.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Rainbow 
(2014-04-05, 05:52)wyrm Wrote: Next release (hopefully in a week or two) will be for Gotham only. Now I'm off to install the latest beta of Gotham to finish changes to the skin for the next release.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

I'm ready to go Gotham with the new RC version released. I'm just holding off until you tell me my favorite skin can go with me.
I just found this skin and I really like it. As I am running Gotham RC I installed ver. 1.4.5.1090. I just have some questions / suggestions...

Is it possible to have a link to recordings under TV or as an icon on the "home screen". I like the way the recordings are shown in confluence. The same for EPG.

I have added icons to my channels but there are a channel number behind them all. Is it possible to hide this channel number?

I am running 1080p, but it seems that there is only support for 720p?

/kharder
(2014-04-29, 13:37)Tom4Surfing Wrote:
(2014-04-05, 05:52)wyrm Wrote: Next release (hopefully in a week or two) will be for Gotham only. Now I'm off to install the latest beta of Gotham to finish changes to the skin for the next release.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

I'm ready to go Gotham with the new RC version released. I'm just holding off until you tell me my favorite skin can go with me.
Tom4Surfing,

just making the final changes needed before I can make a pull request for the XBMC repo. If you can't wait a day or so, you can download the zip file from the Passion repo and do a "Install from zip" in the addons section.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

(2014-04-30, 00:18)kharder Wrote: I just found this skin and I really like it. As I am running Gotham RC I installed ver. 1.4.5.1090. I just have some questions / suggestions...

Is it possible to have a link to recordings under TV or as an icon on the "home screen". I like the way the recordings are shown in confluence. The same for EPG.
Will look at this after I get 1.4.5 out the door. Truth be told I dislike the PVR side of XBMC intensely and am really loath to touch anything to do with it, as the last time I did I managed to break XBMC (by the way that is not meant to happen, but there you go)

Quote:I have added icons to my channels but there are a channel number behind them all. Is it possible to hide this channel number?
that's a bug, channel numbers are meant to hide if a channel icon is present. Will take a look and see what is going on there.

Quote:I am running 1080p, but it seems that there is only support for 720p?
XBMC scales skin up to (or down to) the required resolution, so running a skin that supports 720p on a 1080p system just means everything is scaled up 50%. Other than the argument that most people can't notice the difference between 1080p and 720p at their normal viewing distance (I know I certainly can't, but I am watching a 32" screen at 10'). Other than having higher resolution skin images in my texture file (which would take up more space for no benefit on a 720p system) there is very little to gain from coding the skin for 1080p. If someone would like to take all of my image files and redo them for 1080p and then repackage them in a new textures.xbt file the option of a hi-res theme would become a possibility.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Note: channel icon overwriting channel number should now be fixed. Will push my local code out to Googlecode (and thus Passion repo) later tonight.

1.4.5 Release (Gotham)

Righty'O, a little later that I hoped but Gotham version of the skin should now be available in the Gotham repo (just in time for final Gotham release)

Quick run down of new features includes :

Cleanup and removal of a number of skin texture files.
Changes to make skin Gotham compliant.
Further changes to skin navigation to improve consistency of navigation in settings screens and a number of dialogs.
A number of minor bug fixes and performance tweaks.

Sorry if this seems like a minor update, but there have been a number of under the radar type cleanups and improvements which should improve the general skin experience. I'm still finding a number of very minor graphical glitches caused in part by the change to Gotham, so along with fixes for these I plan to add a number of new things in the next release. Please let me know if you spot any little gremlins so that I can have them squashed for the next release.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

• 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3