xTV-SAF is a 'Front Row' like skin for XBMC. It provides a number of updated features not available in the original AppleTV interface and builds on CHI3f's xTV skin to include new features of XBMC Eden. All this in a simple, Spouse Acceptable form (Factor) that is easy for kids and adults to find what they are looking for.
Skin now available thru the XBMC Eden repo(1.2.2) and Main XBMC Frodo repo (1.3.1) , skin wiki page is located here.
Google Code - xTV-SAF v1.2.0 XBox (Xbox only version of the skin)
To install on xbmc4xbox, unzip the contents of the zip file into the skin directory.
Development version of skin is available on the Passion Repo (Frodo and on only). See this post by ppic (thank you for adding the skin to the repo) for details on how to add the repo to your repo list. Once you have the repo installed on your system, navigate to the passion repo and then navigate to skin addons thru the settings/addons menu. Skin is listed as xTV-SAF (SVN). Hint this is the very latest version of the skin (skin updated each night at 2am French time), so there may be a few bugs but generally pretty stable.
Old builds that may be of use if you are running a very old copy of XBMC
Builds on my Google code page (0.95 to present) A direct link to my download page on google code
Skin Change Log
- Better, Faster, Smaller, Stronger (sounds like a Daft Punk song)
- Now supports the following languages English, Galician, German, Greek, Polish and Russian
- Changes to a number of views (increasing information displayed while maintaining readabilty)
- Expanded the number of option for the quit button on the home screen
- Power menu is now a text menu instead of icons, number of option have increased on this menu
- Major optimisations to the skin code means the skin is now noticably quicker (particualy on slower machines)
- Removal of redundant code and images has resulted in a large reduction in the skins footprint on the system.
- And a number of bug fixes including :-
- Fix for incomplete Russian translation.
- Fix seek slider issue with Fullscreenvideo and Music visualisation.
- Fix for heading icons still appearing when horizontal home menu selected.
- Yet another fix for the Horizontal home menu titles getting out of sync with submenus (now fixed for certain, honestly!)
- Changes to artwork handling required for XBMC Frodo.
- Major cleanup of skin message strings, strings now being translated via Transfix.
- Re-worked Horizontal home menu code as Eden version did not work under Frodo,
Have now also solved issue with home menu headings and lists getting out of sync.
- Major refactor of skin setting menu (now accessed from system appearance menu),
Number of menu items removed as no longer relavant.
- Horizontal home menu is now the default Home menu (vertical home menu still available)
- Skin now has a look much closer to Gen2 AppleTV when in horizontal home menu mode.
- User can now select the visibilty of the background fanart image (three different levels),
can now also tell skin to ignore extrafanarts (useful for low speced machines).
- Further work on cleaning up skin textures (also removed a number of redundant images).
- A large number of bug fixes / code cleanups
1.2.2(Last build for Eden, future builds will be Frodo only)
- Cleanup of a number of skin texture files.
- Changed custom home menu items to use favourites script (now 15 general favourites positions
instead of 6 scripts and 6 playlists).
- PVR support included in skin, only available with late Frodo Alpha releases.
- Re-worked background handling. Should be quicker for non video library parts of the skin.
- Now support weather condition backgrounds in MyWeather.
- A number of minor bug fixes.
1.2.1 - 0.7.0 Ancient history see change log for details
A VERY large thank you to all that have helped with the skin. Also a big thanks to CHI3f for the original xTV skin.