• 2(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
I guess it's a bug then. Clicking "script" does nothing.

XBOX
T3CH XBMC 2009-09-27 SVN rev23183

From Debug Log :

Code:
10:55:14 M: 43053056   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 256 pressed, action is 7
10:55:14 M: 43053056   DEBUG: CApplication::OnMessage : Translating XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/HomeScripts.py)
10:55:14 M: 43053056   DEBUG: CApplication::OnMessage : To XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/HomeScripts.py)

I don't know where special::// points to on the xbox but HomeScripts.py does exist in the scripts directory off the skin.
gobsmob Wrote:Wyrm,
Thanks for hearing me out. Regarding the watched overlay, my bad. It was actually there. I got mixed up with the other skin. Blush

Point 1. It's kind of weird me out. I have set it set it to show TV the menu on home screen. When I select it, it just go straight to "default TV source" (file mode) instead.

Point 2. I have used other skin as well like transparency! and minimeedia et al, I'm pretty sure that's the default behaviour while pressing the back button. It went straight back to the home screen, not the video library menu. Also, I use only the default keymap.

I totally get it for the sake of kid's p.o.v. Big Grin
Think about it, maybe you can put some option to hide the plot and the thumbnails too to avoid the kid's from asking too many questions. Wink

Point 1. Sorry that sounds like I missed a very small change ( a ! would you believe ) to fix the menu item. Basically the toggle is showing the wrong thing. Toggle back the other way and see if that helps. I will check this out when I get up tomorrow and post the corrected file if needed.

Point 2. You may be right on this, will investigate further and see what I come up with. I'm still pretty new to this skinning gig, so I am checking out how the big boys solve problems.

I have a few ideas that I am kicking around so the adults can watch their stuff without having the kids getting into stuff they should not watch. The wife and kids don't want to have the xbox stop and ask which profile to load, but the wife would be ok with a PIN to access the adults section. Yet another thing on the TODO list.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
taintedsushi Wrote:I guess it's a bug then. Clicking "script" does nothing.

XBOX

From Debug Log :

Code:
10:55:14 M: 43053056   DEBUG: CApplication::OnMessage : Translating XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/HomeScripts.py)
10:55:14 M: 43053056   DEBUG: CApplication::OnMessage : To XBMC.RunScript(special://skin/scripts/HomeScripts.py)
I don't know where special::// points to on the xbox but HomeScripts.py does exist in the scripts directory off the skin.

taintedsushi, Thank you for that will check out tomorrow (off to bed now) and post results when I get up.

special://skin/scripts should point to the scripts directory in xTV SAF skin, so either I have left off the script or miss named it. Either way I need to fix. Thanks for the report.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

wyrm Wrote:taintedsushi, Thank you for that will check out tomorrow (off to bed now) and post results when I get up.

special://skin/scripts should point to the scripts directory in xTV SAF skin, so either I have left off the script or miss named it. Either way I need to fix. Thanks for the report.

Wyrm

Shouldn't it be special://skin/xTV/scripts/HomeScripts.py?
CHI3f Wrote:Shouldn't it be special://skin/xTV/scripts/HomeScripts.py?

CHI3f, Thanks again for the original skin, hope you don't mind me messing with it.

No, special://skin points to the current skin, so it is pointing to xTV SAF. The actual skin name is not required (and will probably fail as it will look for ...xbmc/skin/xTV/xTV SAF which does not exist). Thanks for the feedback.

Wyrm

taintedsushi Wrote:I guess it's a bug then. Clicking "script" does nothing.

XBOX

From Debug Log :

Code:

taintedsushi, I have checked out the skin, I can't see any problems with the skin script handling and the zip has all of the correct files in the correct places.

Check the following directory ...xbmc/skin/xTV SAF/scripts for a file called 'HomeScripts.py' if you can't find it you need to reload/install the skin.

Note you did not try to load the skin over the top of a previous skin that was your current displayed skin. Not a real good idea (change to another skin first, load the skin onto the xbox and then change to the skin thru the appearances menu).

If you find the file in the correct place, I will need to investigate further. Please post a link to a FULL debug log (megaupload or similar site will be fine). Don't post the debug file here as it can be rather large and fragments of the file are of very limited use.

wyrm

gobsmob Wrote:Wyrm,
Thanks for hearing me out. Regarding the watched overlay, my bad. It was actually there. I got mixed up with the other skin. Blush

Point 1. It's kind of weird me out. I have set it set it to show TV the menu on home screen. When I select it, it just go straight to "default TV source" (file mode) instead.

Point 2. I have used other skin as well like transparency! and minimeedia et al, I'm pretty sure that's the default behaviour while pressing the back button. It went straight back to the home screen, not the video library menu. Also, I use only the default keymap.

I totally get it for the sake of kid's p.o.v. Big Grin
Think about it, maybe you can put some option to hide the plot and the thumbnails too to avoid the kid's from asking too many questions. Wink

gobsmob, Yes it was as I suspected, I missed a ! in the homemenu.xml file. I will download a corrected file and update the file link in a little while.

Till then if you leave the toggle for 'TV Button Links to Library' OFF (it's the reverse of what it should be) you will in fact have the TV button point to the library. Sorry about that, but thank you for the bug report.

wyrm

New update posted, see first post for details, but fixes 'TV Button Links to Library' toggle was flipped bug.

Please post any other bugs (I'm sure there are one or two Wink ) and I will see what I can do. Otherwise next update in a couple of weeks.

wyrm

I'm sort of new to XBMC so I'll ask what is likely a dumb question ...

You said to check : xbmc/skin/xTV SAF/scripts I do have an apps/xbmc/skin directory but xTV SAF is actually located under /dashboard/skin/xTV SAF.

Does anyone know if this is just a difference between XBOX and other platforms? Should it make any difference with the home script problem?
taintedsushi Wrote:I'm sort of new to XBMC so I'll ask what is likely a dumb question ...

You said to check : xbmc/skin/xTV SAF/scripts I do have an apps/xbmc/skin directory but xTV SAF is actually located under /dashboard/skin/xTV SAF.

Does anyone know if this is just a difference between XBOX and other platforms? Should it make any difference with the home script problem?

taintedsushi,

No sorry mate, you should uncompress the xTV SAF zip file into the 'apps/xbmc/skin' directory. When you then look in the 'apps/xbmc/skin/xTV SAF/scripts' directory you will see a file called 'HomeScripts.py' . This is the script that looks after selecting which script appears on the home menu.

If you have got the skin installed in the dashboard directory, it makes me wonder if you are actually running xbmc when you see the skin (call me paranoid). I would recommend checking out this link to make sure you are installed correctly :
XBMC Online manual

Best of Luck
wyrm

OK. There was a good chance that my xbmc install was weird. I attempted to fix it but only ended up with "Requires Service" Message. My dashboard is farged. Hot swapping seems crazy. Anyone know if there is a less invasive method for fixing this? Maybe just putting in a different HD?
UPDATE :

I installed a new drive and softmodded it. However, I am still having the same problem with the script home selection. Perhaps it has something to do with softmodded xboxes.

Currently the xbox boots xbmc at E:\dash. This is not via the shortcut script, I've replaced the default unleash dashboard with xbmc.

XTV SAF is located at D:\dash\skin\xTV SAF and homescripts.py is located under the xTV SAF scripts directory.

Hope this info help.

Thanks.
Tainedsushi,

Appreciate sharing the mod with us.

Request,

Appreciate if you can include the Fanart List view from
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45020&page=3

if you have not already done so

It would be a great help in my house with my daughter

thanks
batrad Wrote:Tainedsushi,

Appreciate sharing the mod with us.

Request,

Appreciate if you can include the Fanart List view from
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=45020&page=3

if you have not already done so

It would be a great help in my house with my daughter

thanks

batrad, checkout the first post of this thread, download link is available there. Sorry, have been ill with flu, so next release has been delayed, hopefully in a week or two. Hope to have a couple of new features (maybe even fanart list view) and possibly some screen shots as have decided to change the basic look of xTV a little.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

taintedsushi Wrote:UPDATE :

I installed a new drive and softmodded it. However, I am still having the same problem with the script home selection. Perhaps it has something to do with softmodded xboxes.

Currently the xbox boots xbmc at E:\dash. This is not via the shortcut script, I've replaced the default unleash dashboard with xbmc.

XTV SAF is located at D:\dash\skin\xTV SAF and homescripts.py is located under the xTV SAF scripts directory.

Hope this info help.

Thanks.

taintedsushi, Not familiar with softmodded xbox's, BUT pretty sure this is not the way to install XBMC. My hard modded xbox uses the shortcut and it works fine. Not sure what you are trying to achieve as I can't see how this would even work. At a guess, the 'special://' file locations are not set, so nothing that uses a script in my mod will be found. Can't really help until you have XBMC installed correctly.

Wyrm (xTV SAF)

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3