• 34(current)
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)
elpocholo7 Wrote:Following this instructions results in a perfect installation of the skin! You just have to wait couple minutes for it to finish unpacking.

The Skin is just AWESOME! Although is not tailored for iDevices its menus are easy to navigate and they have a simple but extremely pleasing looks.
Wyrm you are the man Smile Thanks MORE than a lot!

p.s. Is it normal i can't swipe the bottom bar in a video to go forward / backwards through it ?
elpocholo7,

Your welcome. While there was talk a little while ago about allowing users to swipe a progessbar, I'm pretty sure that is still not possible. When I see that it's possible, no doubt I will implement it. Go ask in the iOS forum for the various navigation gestures that are supported. Skin was always meant to me a pretty close copy of the AppleTV Gen1 interface (I think it was the best interface as far as non readers was concerned) so not really meant for a touch interface.

No doubt there are a few touch interfaces in the works, keep an eye out.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
As you are on the topic, how do you access the "View as" panel using a touch screen on an iPad?
wyrm Wrote:elpocholo7,
Your welcome. While there was talk a little while ago about allowing users to swipe a progessbar, I'm pretty sure that is still not possible. When I see that it's possible, no doubt I will implement it.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

I just found out that Confluence has a swipe-enabled progressbar, working just fine on iPad, so i think it's possible ! It would be great if you could implent it on xTV-SAF! That would definitely make it the most fully usable Skin for iDevices out there.
Torroa Wrote:As you are on the topic, how do you access the "View as" panel using a touch screen on an iPad?
Torroa,

No idea, on remote you would use the direction cursor to go either left or up depending on the current view selected. You need to ask what the standard navigation gestures are over in the iOS forums.

I have a iPod Touch Gen4 and a AppleTV Gen2 and I don't see much point in squinting at the iPod screen when I can watch the Family TV instead.

Please do a little research on the gestures and then report your findings back here to help out others who are also using the skin (think of it as payment for the skin and XBMC on your idevice).

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

elpocholo7 Wrote:I just found out that Confluence has a swipe-enabled progressbar, working just fine on iPad, so i think it's possible ! It would be great if you could implent it on xTV-SAF! That would definitely make it the most fully usable Skin for iDevices out there.
elpocholo7,

Interesting, Will take a look when I come back from my coding holiday. So I guess we can call this a feature request. Have a play and make any other suggestions you have here so that I can keep track of them (and add them to a to-do list if I think it's worthwhile)

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

I have tried every options, but still no gestures seems to open the "view as" panel.

Also, any chance of viewing the Music library without the "library view", like just browsing files? I just get a black screen when setting files as root in the settings menu.

And, an touchable icon for Home menu in submenues would be nice, just like the original Confidence skin.
wyrm
is addon.zip necessery for xbox version ?
lipo Wrote:wyrm
is addon.zip necessery for xbox version ?
Lipo,

Not unless you can convince your XBox to run Eden XBMC.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

wyrm Wrote:Lipo,

Not unless you can convince your XBox to run Eden XBMC.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

just to make sureSmile
expect bug report in next few daysLaugh
lipo Wrote:just to make sureSmile
expect bug report in next few daysLaugh
lipo,

expect me to ignore it for the next few weeks Wink.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

wyrm Wrote:lipo,

expect me to ignore it for the next few weeks Wink.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
dont worry....
ill make sure thats a lot to work with for next release
Just want to say a big thanks for this skin - I finally gave it a go after having memory issues with most others on xbox, this is perfect.

Well I say it's perfect, there's just one little bug I seem to have...

When trying to add a custom script/plugin to the home screen it asks where the file is, I can browse to the correct folders but it doesn't show any filenames - only lists folders. Unfortunately this means I can't select the file to launch. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Sorry if this has been posted before - I did check through about 30 pages but couldn't find anything so gave up.

If nobody knows of a fix maybe someone could point me in the right direction of hardcoding it? All I want is to have an "Update Addons" option on the homepage which links to "addons4xbox installer" (found in programs>plugins). Trying to get my parents xbox setup as user friendly as possible, at the moment I have to try and talk the old folkes through it over the phone... not easy! Thanks in advance.
whufclee Wrote:Just want to say a big thanks for this skin - I finally gave it a go after having memory issues with most others on xbox, this is perfect.

When trying to add a custom script/plugin to the home screen it asks where the file is, I can browse to the correct folders but it doesn't show any filenames - only lists folders. Unfortunately this means I can't select the file to launch. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Sorry if this has been posted before - I did check through about 30 pages but couldn't find anything so gave up.

If nobody knows of a fix maybe someone could point me in the right direction of hardcoding it? All I want is to have an "Update Addons" option on the homepage which links to "addons4xbox installer" (found in programs>plugins). Trying to get my parents xbox setup as user friendly as possible, at the moment I have to try and talk the old folkes through it over the phone... not easy! Thanks in advance.
whufclee,

First of all plugins are different to scripts, the skin is setup to allow custom scripts, not plugins. It is possible to also allow plugins to run from the home menu via the custom script mechanism that I have provided, but I don't use this and I would need someone to provide feedback on if it was working properly.

But, there was also something else that you mentioned in your post that I would like to follow up. You mention that you see folders but no files. Have you drilled all the way down into the required folder. You should if you have a script called foo go into the foo folder and then see a default.py file. This is the file you need to select to have the custom script attached to the button on the home page (called foo as in the previous example).

Let me know what you see from the above points ,and I might be able to help. Failing that you could try over at the xbmc4xbox forums. There is a guy over there (xbs) who seems to be the main person converting xbmc skins to run on the xbox.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

whufclee Wrote:Just want to say a big thanks for this skin - I finally gave it a go after having memory issues with most others on xbox, this is perfect.

i experince the same problem but since i rarely use script or plugin this is not a major concern

on sunday ill post bugs list & suggestion, hopefully wyrm will back working this skin anytime soon
finger crossed Wink
Thanks for getting back to me guys, unfortunatlely I'm also getting the same problem with scripts - I go to where I know there is a default.py file but no filenames are showing. To be honest that's not too much of a problem for me as I don't have any scripts I want to run, just a plugin. Might have a word with xbs then, cheers.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] xTV SAF (Spouse Acceptance Factor)3