Unable to access a movie plot summary & fanart
I'm streaming xbmc through an Apple TV and have these 2 issues:

1) I can't access a plot summary when I select a movie. All that comes up is a "thumb" of the fanart (if available). When I click right to bring up the settings for a movie, I see the view option I want in the Media Preview menu (Info List). I select "Info List", but nothing happens; I still get NO movie summary.

2) Some of my movies have the correct fanart thumbs, while many others don't. The scraper installed on my system is IMDb. Is this the right one? I thought the scraper was designed to go out and download the correct thumbs of the movies upon startup. There's no indication of downloading occuring when I startup XBMC.
Welcome to the forums!

Both sound as though you haven't yet scanned your movies into the library.

You may like to take a nosy through the online manual as to how to do this - essentially you Set Content on a folder of movies and choose whichever online service you wish to use. Then tell it to scan.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I did that this morning. Now I've got this situation:

I select a movie (let's call it ET as an example). The thumbnail shows a DIFFERENT movie (Anchorman). I click on my Menu button to bring up the movie info. on ET and it shows a title and all supporting information (trailers, etc.) for Anchorman.

What's really bizarre is that I DON'T HAVE Anchorman on my external hard drive which holds all of my movies. This happens MORE than once on other movies as well. I've tried to reload the ET info. and get the same results...Anchorman! HELP
While I don't have a fix for you... this sounds like a similar issue I ran into with my TV shows. XBMC ran into some naming conventions it didn't like and decided to call the show "AL TV" (as in Weird Al Yank) bugged the heck outta me but once I masted the art of TV season naming 101 'AL TV' was all but a memory...

Perhaps you've got a similar scraping issues with you're movies and somehow Anchorman is somehow being auto-selected.

Either way it's clear XBMC is doing some pretty wonky things when it comes to scanning/scraping files.

"AL TV" should have never showed up but instead 'nothing' or a simple error.
davilla: "...then all will be clear and everyone will go "hollysh**, I can't believe this happened"
Sounds like you have a rouge nfo file, post a debug log of the scan.
Thanks for the info regarding .nfo files. I ran a search this morning and had a number of these files. I deleted them, restarted Apple TV and unfortunately, still have the same "Anchorman" issue described earlier. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to access a movie plot summary & fanart0